flyingfencer

help me find some container info?

Hi everyone.
I'm trying to find some sizing info on a Javelin 2 C20 container. The sunpath website is relatively sparse for info about it (or maybe I'm just inept) and all I found was this
http://www.sunpath.com/Legacy_sizchart.htm after a fairly exhaustive search.

I'm looking for info on harness sizes (i.e. will it fit) and sizing for main/reserve combos. I'm looking at a j2 c20 that is currently holding a 170main/raven181 and am wondering how far it can downsize (if at all).

I have a J2 and it comfortable holds a 160 reserve and an airlocked 135 main. It can hold a regular 135 but its on the softer side. I believe you can fit up to about a 111 Crossbraced if not a 120 into there if you are at that skill level.

The C-20 is the harness size. That is a longer harness made for tall people. I have a C-20 and I'm 6'2".
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

As the chart says, a J2 will take a 150 just fine. That 170 is probably a tight fit.

It doesn't mention harness sizes but a C-20 is one of the longest harnesses out there, obviously for a tall person. I am 6'2'' and my javelin J3 is a C-18 but it is snug. I'm sure someone else will say this but you can always call/ email Sunpath with the serial number of the rig and ask how tall of a jumper it was originally made for.

You can easily and safely put a 135 in a J2.

To determine if a Javelin harness will fit you, you need to know your height and your inseam measurement (crotch to floor, no shoes, have someone else measure it). Take your height in inches, subtract your inseam in inches and then subtract 20. The result is an estimate of what MLW length will fit you.

For example, I'm 5'8" with a 33" inseam. 68" - 33" - 20 = 15. So a 15" MLW should fit me - and it does.

This only works for the MLW sizing though. If the person it was built for is stocky and you're skinny or vice versa, the laterals and legstraps may not fit you. That's where knowing the height/weight of the seller comes in handy.

C-20 is in fact a very long lift web indeed but the good news is that the previous jumper must have been as thin as a rail to have that long a lift web and that short of a yoke. C-yokes are very common. They fit average sized humans very well

What does all that mean to you???? Well that means that the harness should be very easy to resize for an average sized person.

Checking to see if the lateral (AKA the part that goes around your hips) fits you is no big deal.
Simply measure the distance around your waist at your navel (not your belt line) and subtract one third. In other words, the length of your lateral should be 2/3 of your total waist measurement.
Too short and the harness will be very uncomfortable on opening. Too long and you'll sag backwards in the harness on opening(not cool)

The leg pads are not hard to cut to fit should they be too long