rhys

How much do you charge for tandem reserve repacks?

I know there are plenty of discussions about this and I have searched. I found most of the threads to be dated.

How much do you charge/would you charge for a tandem reserve repack on a Sigma if you have never seen the gear before and you supply all your own tools and Cypres loops etc?

variables to consider;

The gear is jumped in dusty conditions,

low frequency; only 4 rigs to pack each 6 months.

Having to bring all your gear/tools to Africa for only 4 repacks,

new gear,

thanks for any info,

Rhys
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

I know there are plenty of discussions about this and I have searched. I found most of the threads to be dated.

How much do you charge/would you charge for a tandem reserve repack on a Sigma if you have never seen the gear before and you supply all your own tools and Cypres loops etc?

variables to consider;

The gear is jumped in dusty conditions,

low frequency; only 4 rigs to pack each 6 months.

Having to bring all your gear/tools to Africa for only 4 repacks,

new gear,

thanks for any info,

Rhys

I charge $70 for a tandem minumum, as do most of the other riggers I work with/around
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

I not sure I understand.

Your going to travel to Africa and have to take all the tools you need for 4 repacks? Travel from New Zeland?

I don't think this would be a matter of $ per pack job. But more like $ per day plus expenses. While you traveling there and back and what ever time you spend there is time the customer needs to compensate you for.

Expenses and $400 a day there and $200 a day for travel days? More or less but something like that sees appropriate. I don't know, am I out of line? :|

What are you going to do if you need a sewing machine?

I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

I not sure I understand.

We have a new instructor that is also a rigger,

He is already here, will be doing tandems as well but he is packing our reserves as well.

so considering he will not be packing more than 4 tandem and 2 sport reserves for his stay here, and has bought all his own tools etc, what is a fair price to pay him.

He usually packs 20 or so reserves a week and does a 'very' good job.

I should have been more specific.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix