goodnplentygirl

Another "Name My Pet" thread!!!

I cant get over how cute he is, he was playing last night and just doing the cutest things, I wish I had my camera out. I just wish our other cat would warm up to him....

Your other cat will, given some time and space. Make sure the food bowls are separated but within view of each other, spend lots of time with the other kitty (so she doesn't feel like she's being replaced or needs to be jealous), and let them get to know each other.

It's a lot like children. Some of them will take immediately to a new sibling; others, like my nephew, took some time (he'd drag his little sister around by her arm...and whack her a bit. Funny, but problematic). He loves her now, and they have a great relationship...same thing with the kitties. It will take some time, but it will be fine in the end. Just make sure the other cat knows that she is still loved, adored, and a very special kitty in her own right.

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

Sounds like a more accessible catbox, or a ramp in and out of the catbox, might be appropriate. Also, confining the little one to a single room (especially since you have a big house) may be helpful, as, he may have just gotten lost. You can increase the area he's allowed into gradually over the next week or so, and let him get to know the place a little at a time.

Also, your other cat will probably take to the new arrival better if you give the older cat more attention than you give the new one. I know that it's your instinct to want to play with a new pet, but your older cat is seeing the little one as an invader, and as someone who is stealing attention. My vet told me to pretty much ignore the little one for a few days and give my other cat tons of attention, and to try to present the little one as a gift to the older cat, somebody to be the older one's companion. He said to make sure that when one of us was playing with the little one, someone was also giving attention to the older one. It worked really well, and my cats were getting along wonderfully within a few days.

And my mother told me he was litter box trained!

We didn't have a problem with him peeing on our bed! Could it be because we have 2 litter boxes in the house (one in each bathroom, on each end of the house).

He's just a baby and your house is much bigger than what he was used to - he probably got lost and didn't know where to find the box. Sounds like you need to put a second litter box in your master bathroom and maybe keep him in your bedroom area for a while until he gets used to the whole house.

Poor little guy was probably holding it for as long as he could! :(

:)

Don't you disrespect her like that!>:(

:D:D:D

Clean that litterbox for her - you know you're whipped.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I think your the one who is going to be elbow deep in shit when I get home....

:P

It brings a tear to my eye to see you two postwhoring on DZ.com.:D:P:D:D

By the way what time is breakfast tomorrow??B|

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

I think your the one who is going to be elbow deep in shit when I get home....

:P

It brings a tear to my eye to see you two postwhoring on DZ.com.:D:P:D:D

There's breakfast tomorrow??? B| Wow what time is that???

There's breakfast tomorrow??? Wow what time is that???

I say we all show up and just start cooking in their kitchen.:D

Sounds good to me!!! You know once we get there to cook though... we won't be allowed if the master chef is around. B|

That's the first I've heard about it. Let's see, the menu will be:

Bloody Mary's, Bloody Mary's, hard-boiled egg, Bloody Mary's.

How about.... Mimosa, Mimosa, hard-boiled egg, Mimosa

no no, no no no no.....

Dont get confused now....not SSM....:S

I think they are talking about cooking b-fast at our house before we go float the river on Saturday

Yep exactly! We are trying to see what the Master Chef will whip up for us before tubing time. B|

We can do both. Who's bring OJ and who's bringing BM mix?

I love how we have completely hijacked this thread. Hell, we may still get a name from this weekend. Who can say,"Here kitty, kitty. Come here hangover."

Tubing, so easy a caveman can do it.

We can do both. Who's bring OJ and who's bringing BM mix?

I love how we have completely hijacked this thread. Hell, we may still get a name from this weekend. Who can say,"Here kitty, kitty. Come here hangover."

I'll bring the OJ. :)