adrenalinejunki

Should I quit work tomorrow?

I recently got a job as a locomotive mechanic. I start work for CSX on July 10. Should I quit work tomorrow and draw out my 401k ( only $10,000 ) and have a 3 week vacation and splurge it skydiving and fishing? CSX won't let me roll it over. My boss is a real asshat and I called in sick today and don't want to listen to the bitching tomorrow. I have to miss WFFC this year it seems so I may as well have a lil fun while I can I think. I am thinking the Virgin Islands or some other island where there is a dz. What should I do?

I recently got a job as a locomotive mechanic. I start work for CSX on July 10. Should I quit work tomorrow and draw out my 401k ( only $10,000 ) and have a 3 week vacation and splurge it skydiving and fishing? CSX won't let me roll it over. My boss is a real asshat and I called in sick today and don't want to listen to the bitching tomorrow. I have to miss WFFC this year it seems so I may as well have a lil fun while I can I think. I am thinking the Virgin Islands or some other island where there is a dz. What should I do?

No, you should do the responsible thing and give it to me for safekeeping.
This ad space for sale.

Do not touch the 401K money. You are only going to screw yourself in taxes. They will with hold 20% of it before you get it. Just roll it into an ira. That money will be worth something one day if you don't touch it.

I know it might be fun to screw your old job; but, why sully your name. Go in, give your two weeks and don't worrry about it. The only thing you carry everyday is your good name. Protect, it is very valuable.

The only time you should look down on someone is when you are offering them your hand.

roll it into a ira... and have fun paying railroad retirment tier 2.... those fuckers take it every paycheck from me and i'll never see it, atleast with tier 1 it will revert to social security.....

oh by the way welcome to csx transportation, moving yesterdays freight, tommorow... just a friendly csx conductor here...:P i'm currently playing hooky from work..... i just hope they don't read this!!!

if ya have any questions about the company pm me i'll be more than happy to give ya whatever info i can...... i like the job just not the hours.. i'm gona be quiting as soon as i get accepted into college.. to bad i can't do both the money is good... and the benifits rock.... you contract or non contract?

Non contract. I will be working night shift in Huntington, WV, which is about 1 hour and 15 minutes from me and the same town as my home dz. At the interview the yardmaster was there and he told us all that no one works Saturdays and Sundays in his shop. It is an overhaul shop so the train engines in there don't have to make a schedule. I have several freinds who are conductors and engineers for CSX also. 1 of them is a good skydiving buddy of mine.

2 weeks notice has been given over 2 weeks ago...:D. I told them as soon as I found out that I got the job. So I am good there. Time off from work is something that I hav'nt gotten much of in the last 4 years. I work in the oilfeilds right now and turn in a time sheet every week with 70 to 85 hours on it. I get every other weekend off and have to work every day in between. I feel like I deserve to take a 3 week vacation.

Brad,

I can only bet you're PUMPED about having that time off from the oil fields and changing jobs. That's great man! No longer will you have to drive 128hrs at 60mph due to DOT numbers on a pickup truck.:P
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Driving in texas scares me also... I used to agree I was a bad driver until I moved to Austin, then I realized everyone else learned from the same school as me but failed and I am the only one here that can manuaver a car on 35 without almost killing everyone and without causing an extreme amount of road rage... [:/]

I love Texas, I just wish the people here drove half as good as I do but would prefer if they drove better because I suck.
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this

60 mph thru Dallas was scary. Everyone else was doing 90+ and 60 was as fast as I could go.

No joke! Especially on 75-Central.

The scariest moment on my motorcycle wasn't in Ft. Worth, not in Houston, not in Austin or San Antonio. It was on 75-central. I literally thought I was going to die...then I nearly had to kick in someone's door from them looking straight at me then deciding that I would move out of their way if they changed lanes. I, like an idiot, had gotten boxed in one of the middle lanes.:SB|

The next time I went through there my hair was long and my beard was long too. Between that and the leather, people must have thought I looked like a complete dirtbag...they gave me a good deal of room on the highway.:D

I love Texas, I just wish the people here drove half as good as I do but would prefer if they drove better because I suck.

Imagine that, but be in a position where you're trying to go help someone who is in immediate danger. Imagine you have lights and sirens on. Now imagine that no one gives a shit and not only will they not let you pass the intersection, they ignore you and won't give you a safe opportunity to go around them while they do 10mph under the speed limit.>:(>:(>:(

Oh I completley see that all the time, I was a firefighter for several years and where I worked people would pull completley over and stop, that was what happened... no trying to hurry up and make the light... no nothing, just pull over and stop.

Here the firetrucks get jammed and stuck ... the time it takes for you and your fellow public safety employees to get to a call is pitiful and thats because of the drivers. Then again, I think people here at least while driving are a different species.... when talking, they are nice and polite and normal, and then put them in a car and all of a sudden its assholes with no time to wait, no time to use a turn signal and to much time to use the middle finger and tailgate. I envy your patience... I was going to apply next year to the AFD but I reconsidered when comparing this to the small town I lived in where people had respect.

However I love it here and cant imagine living anywhere else now that I have spent some time with my eyes open to what is around me. Its a wonderful state and overall the good makes up for the bad. To bad its lives at stake when they do this. I am guilty at times of driving bad, and tailgating but one thing I will never do is ignore a siren no matter how late I am.

Oh and I wont follow behind their vehicles hoping to be able to drive faster, I hate that too.:S

I was going to apply next year to the AFD but I reconsidered when comparing this to the small town I lived in where people had respect.

A hint...go look in Williamson county. Its a different ballgame there.

Ive been trying to find info on them considering I am on the county line. I couldnt even consider taking the CPAT until next year which fits in with medical time lines, but at the same time I am not capable of volunteering for now and counties seem to hire from their pools... I am borderline on if I even meet code 1582 but not sure if the county uses that or has a different standard. Im still at the planning phase, working up the guts to getting back into it, and since my NPQs ran out its starting from scratch almost.

Do what makes you happy. If quitting and blowing your 401k on a mini vacation does it for you then do it. Life is way to short to put up with "asshats" and a job you don't like.
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

I feel like I deserve to take a 3 week vacation.

take the time off cuz you will not be getting a vacation for over a year. As for the 401k roll it over to an IRA if you don't need the cash.

http://www.swoopstudios.com/videos/videos-rex.php

Tha's crazy. I have driven code 3 into Manhatten, and even on the 59th street bridge people pulled over for me.
When I got to the surface streets I had to do a little magic, but I never had any realissues.

As for the question at hand save the money for your retirement. If you boss makes you think you ca't roll your 501k over talk o a financhale adviser.
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

Tha's crazy.

Saw it last week, it didnt help that it was in rush hour and they are doing construction everywhere around me on the loops. It makes my nerves on end to see it.

Oh btw back to the topic... I dont know... whatever you want to do, I usually only seek advice on here when its nothing this major, I cant decide.:)