KillerK

rolling canopy

After psycho packing the canopy is rolled to fit nicely in bag. Can this be done pro packing. I like pro packing but I have an easier time getting the canopy in the bag when psycho packing. Would this be acceptable or a bad idea?

That is exactly how I pack. Works great for me.

After psycho packing the canopy is rolled to fit nicely in bag. Can this be done pro packing. I like pro packing but I have an easier time getting the canopy in the bag when psycho packing. Would this be acceptable or a bad idea?

Sounds like you want to do pack like I do - a modified psycho pack.

Pro pack as normal - lay it on the ground and cocoon like a normal propack, but instead of doing the first s-fold, put your hand on the label and bring the entire cocoon over and back towards the container. You should have one fold and be looking at the tail roll. You can neaten this up, and then roll the canopy down to fit in the bag. Just make sure to pull the bridle attachment point out - should be easy to do.

A lot of people pack this way and when I show new packers that have been struggling this method, they can easily get it in the bag and start getting much better openings.

If you have questions or need pics let me know.

Steven
Scars remind us that the past is real

i know several people who do a regular propack until they flip the canopy over when they put it on the ground, fold the sides in, and roll it up like a psycho pack...kinda the same thing actually..but whatever...

yes...you can pro pack and then roll it up on the ground...

Sounds like you want to do pack like I do - a modified psycho pack.

Pro pack as normal - lay it on the ground and cocoon like a normal propack, but instead of doing the first s-fold, put your hand on the label and bring the entire cocoon over and back towards the container. You should have one fold and be looking at the tail roll. You can neaten this up, and then roll the canopy down to fit in the bag. Just make sure to pull the bridle attachment point out - should be easy to do.

A lot of people pack this way and when I show new packers that have been struggling this method, they can easily get it in the bag and start getting much better openings.

If you have questions or need pics let me know.

Steven

Hey Steven,

If you do have pics of that would you mind posting them? I usually psyco pack, but this sounds like a nice alternative.

Thanks