WFFC

One Note on the Perris DC9...

On Monday, the cert for dropping jumpers out of the DC9 will expire. This was approved for the duration of the WFFC. Perris will continue to work on a permanent waiver, but this is it for now.
If you got out to jump the jet, lucky you. I got out of it twice before i had to go.

Excellent fun and excellent times, even in the rain.
-----
~~~Michael

I really didn't consider exiting over I-57, at 11,000ft, to be lucky.:S:P

I made it back to the DZ from I-57 and landed by the swoop pond. dumped just over 3k and had a good wind at my back to do it though.
-----
~~~Michael

OK, I'll blame it on 7-cells and a low dump, then.;)

And your desire to spiral? ;)

All kidding aside, high capacity loads like this do get strung out so always be prepared with a pull up cord, your cell and a sense of which direction to walk when the corn is over your head.
-----
~~~Michael

So much for my idea to lay over for a day in Los Angeles when I move back to Australia in October. No point in that if I can't jump the jet.

October is a long way away - you never know what can happen between now and then, right?
-----
~~~Michael

OK, I'll blame it on 7-cells and a low dump, then.;)

And your desire to spiral? ;)

All kidding aside, high capacity loads like this do get strung out so always be prepared with a pull up cord, your cell and a sense of which direction to walk when the corn is over your head.

When we jumped the 727 at quincy we were told by folks who jumped the jet the previous years that landing on the airport was a very iffy situation. IOW No way jose

The good news was the local's would be waiting with their P.U. trucks to haul us back to the DZ. Just try and land as close as possiable to a road. It was true landed a couple miles out and no walking requiredB|

Never found out what happened to the two sweet young things that jumped naked on our load.:ph34r:

don't forget DB cooper #1 still hasn't been heard from.Damn night jumps.:|

R.I.P

How come it didn't effect the cypres's?

If it is the same issue like on world team:
Vigil will fire as it "thinks" your crossing firing altitude at freefall speed
Cypres I will shut down as it "thinks" this behaviour of pressure drop normally can't happen - I must be defect - send me back home.
Cypres II will operate normal as it has improved "intelligence"

M.
vSCR No.94
Don't dream your life - live your dream!