WFFC

THE 2006 WFFC Thread

muff muff muff welcome back . you just got to know i will be there with bells on and looking for a fun time as usual so come make a jump at the MUFF BROTHERS organising tent #5 for a fun time one and all have fun everybody looking forward to seeing you all there muff muff P.S. ok i,m waiting whats #2 ? have fun johnny
till later have fun & love each other seeya mb65johnny gates

OOPS! Michael, I call a party foul! But hey ya'll, we're gonna give the new/old guy a break on this one! Hey, Miller is our Sponsor...

DOH! :S I knew it was some sort of American hops concoction. Miller is it, heya, Miller is my favorite beer. ;)
-----
~~~Michael

wheres this big announcment?

I just got back to the hotel and trying to figure out which pocket I left it in. Anyway, dinner was good. Getting an RFP in the morning for a potential new client - cool, my life will be complete. A new client will take away all of the hours I have available now for sleeping. :S Let me type it up and resize a couple pictures and I'll post it.
Yeah, it is after midnight here and I seriously just got back.
-----
~~~Michael

This airplane was in airline service in the Ukraine from 1970 till 1992 and registered as CCCP-02445. The plane departed Chernigov, Ukraine on April 4, 1992 and arrived in Murphreesboro Tennessee on May 5, traveling a distance of more than 9000 miles and endured temperatures as low as -42 degrees C. while stranded on a frozen lake in Siberia, north of the Arctic Circle in a freezing fog storm. Since that time the plane has appeared in many airshows and has had the Golden Knights jump from it in 1998.

A craft of this type was at the WFFC in 1994 for limited jumping. The FAA is working with the WFFC on the documentation review process and when complete, will be the only craft of it's type approved for jumping in the US, only at the WFFC.

(See attached)

So?
-----
~~~Michael

Miller beer? It sucks!

what mx757 said

The Miller sponsership is really a trick to get more skydiver dollars spent in town on other beer products and hence improving the image of the convention with the local liquor stores:P

Miller beer? It sucks!

what mx757 said

The Miller sponsership is really a trick to get more skydiver dollars spent in town on other beer products and hence improving the image of the convention with the local liquor stores:P

ha, I'd drink miller over bud any day. Now neither are really my choice of beers, but if it's gonna be free.......
Since when do skydivers actually care what type of beer they are drinking.
PBR for everyone!!!
Skymama's #2 stalker -

Miller beer? It sucks!

what mx757 said

NCB, fool.:ph34r:

ha, I'd drink miller over bud any day. Now neither are really my choice of beers, but if it's gonna be free.......
PBR for everyone!!!

"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

I plan to bring as much Danish beer as I can carry. That should get me through the first night... B|
HF #682, Team Dirty Sanchez #227
“I simply hate, detest, loathe, despise, and abhor redundancy.”
- Not quite Oscar Wilde...

you got any of that easter beer left? or maybe some of that xmas beer?

Not impossible but not likely either...
HF #682, Team Dirty Sanchez #227
“I simply hate, detest, loathe, despise, and abhor redundancy.”
- Not quite Oscar Wilde...

Do you need 'designer' water? I don't, and I drink free from the water fountains...

Water fountain, or water fountains? I've only ever been able to find one. May I suggest, that they be marked on the Convention map that comes with the Welcome Goodie Bag.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Do you need 'designer' water? I don't, and I drink free from the water fountains...

Water fountain, or water fountains? I've only ever been able to find one. May I suggest, that they be marked on the Convention map that comes with the Welcome Goodie Bag.

;) In the last published WFFC 2004, and 2003 Official Guide, around page 23-34, is the map. The fountains (plural) are marked on it. They are by the FBO. Great Idea though! We did not do a guide last year because no one reads it! :D

Needless to say, the Perris jet is completely on track to drop it's first jumpers over the skies of Rantoul!!!

Any idea of the price range for those jumps?

I don't think that's been determined yet. Will find out the following:

Seat count on the AN2
Projected jump ticket price for the Perris jet.

I got dumped on last night and I've got a few things I need to do at my client's before flying out tomorrow AM. If I don't post answers to these tonight, I'll get them up with the confirmed vendors tomorrow. (Not seeing much sleep in my night tonight).
-----
~~~Michael

Well, I've got a couple things for tonight. First off, Powered Parachutes will be with us in the mornings and evenings from July 21-23. More info:

Powered Paraglider Demonstration at 2006 World Free Fall Convention

Twenty powered paraglider pilots from Illinois and Indiana have accepted a special
invitation to the 2006 World Free Fall Convention in Rantoul, IL. These experienced
and licensed pilots have been asked to demonstrate their unique sport in the WFFC
Spectator Area during the mornings (Sunrise to 10:00 a.m.) and evenings (4:00 p.m.
to Sunset) starting Friday (7/21) evening until Sunday (7/23) evening. Come witness
the most simple form of flight where each pilot will strap on their paramotor and
paraglider and within a few steps be airborne flying their parachutes that go both
UP and down. The WFFC Spectators will have the up close opportunity to check over
these flying machines and to talk with the pilots and ask questions about this fun
aviation hobby.

To learn more about powered paragliding check out the United States Powered
Paraglider Association's (USPPA) website: //www.usppa.org/ or this video
http://www.litetouchfilms.com/movies/portableppg.wmv

And the confirmed 2006 Vendors to date:

Miabay Jewelers
Pack'n Cathy
Rigging Solutions
SSK Industries, Inc.
Tony Suits
E G Sky Technologies

There are some others who have been in recent discussions but not committed yet. As other people do, I will upate the list.

Be safe alland have a great weekend~
-----
~~~Michael

Do we REALLY NEED "Flying Lawnmowers" at WFFC?

Whadaya mean "We?" You said you were going to Skyfest. :P;)>:(
I think they'd be cool to watch, maybe even try out...
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

plan is still skyfest, but I'm on vacation week of the WFFC and can't change it. Was in Switzerland in May.. nice dropzone in Interlaken Looked into Herc boogie, but no herc boogie this year (cancelled)

soo not sure what I'm going to do... not in mood for 18 hour one way road trip with $3.00/gal fuel prices..