stitch

Have you done a tandem jump??

Three actually...over a period of 9 months. I liked jumping cute man strapped to my back:P:D

????...somehow I have handcuffs involved in that visual....???

:D

1 tandem done...no more for me thank you.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

started out with 5 static lines,, then went immediately into 5 second delays, 10 second delays etc...
At the time a minumum of 5 SL jumps were needed,,, which demonstrated stability and on #'s 3 4 and 5, the ability to pull a "dummy
ripcord".... So I did the minimum and was cleared for "skydiving, instead of just parachuting...;)
That was about 10 years before tandem jumping and was nearly back in the days before Tandem Containers.....Which was another name for "piggyback rigs"...
So never made a tandem til last summer....
I could not jump cause of a shoulder dislocation and so a friend who is a trusted TM invited me to go on a tandem with him...
"well" I thought, " I absolutely WILL".....B|;):)It was cool, though I was kinda nervous when he popped the lateral connections, after opening... We had a lengthly discussion Under canopy:ph34r::DB|;):P:)everyone should try it.....:)

My first skydive was a tandem and I likely wouldn't be a skydiver today if it hadn't been for this jump. After my tandem I said to myself "that was just way too cool not to try it again" and the next thing you know I'm signed up for the following week's AFF FJC.

Skydiving has been a blessing and a curse to my life.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

I've done 4. I did the tandem progression for the first part of my AFF, then I did a nekkid tandem at the Farm almost a year ago...

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself

I did 2 yesterday, and 1 last week...(probie jumps for new rating holders). It's a weird experience to give up control of everything to someone after you've been jumping for so long.

I've only had 1 'bad' experience as a tandem "dummy" - but otherwise, I thought it was good fun!!

Kahurangi e Mahearangi,
Kiwi, RB #926, AFF-I, FAA Snr. Rigger, RN/BSN/Paramedic

No. I know this sounds silly but despite the fact that I know all equipment is safety checked I would not feel comfortable merely being hooked to someone who has a parachute. I need the rig actually strapped on to me. I know...completely irrational .

Richards
My biggest handicap is that sometimes the hole in the front of my head operates a tad bit faster than the grey matter contained within.

I never was a tandem passenger until I obtained my tandem rating. It was a requirement to be a passenger at least once in order to get the rating. I had about 800 jumps at the time and it was a little unnerving but I got through it. I recomend to many people that doing a tandem 1st is a good idea but not neccesary as was my case. I just like the idea of having a screw off dive where you can enjoy yourself mostly and not have to focus soley on dive flow and targeted learning objectives. I have been a TI for 1,200-1,300 tandems though...

Never done a tandem but as a static line instructor would highly recommend my students do at least one before enrolling in my course.

My wife has done three, loves it.

My son has done one and is hooked. Next step-AFF.

JMHO

Dan
1st jump 1971

I did my first tandem at jump #199 and all have been recurrency jumps. I have about 10 or so because I'm short and light. I sometimes get volunteered without my knowledge.

It is nice to jump and then not have to pack! :)

~ Lisa
~ Do you Rigminder?

DZ policy is to have a tandem under one's belt prior to enrolling in AFF, otherwise I wouldn't've.

i'm glad that wasnt the policy (was recommended, but i had military staticline experience) when i started. I like to be in control of my fate and would have likely passed if they said i HAD to..

honestly.. its YOUR AFF 1.. if you want to take the chance you have to repeat due to sensory overload.. well... should be your choice as well...imo