stitch

Have you done a tandem jump??

This would normally go in general discussions, but its so slow today I put it here.

I've never done a tandem, just went straight into AFF. A tandem would have probably been a good idea. Then I probably would,ve had an even shorter swimming career.:P
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

Yea, I have done close to 1000 of them:P

Ha Ha. Maybe, I should have said, Have you ever been a tandem passenger. Nobody even wants me to do recurrency with them cause I'm 6'3".[:/]
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

My first two jumps were tandem.... and I kinda wanted to to do a couple more, but that was more because my tandem instructor was just that good. Being strapped to him was NOT a bad experience.... but he convinced me that I was on top of it enough to do AFF and didn't need him there. (sigh) But looking back... I enjoyed my first solo turn even more than looking at him, so in the end, he was right.

Karen

I've never done a tandem... I didn't want to then and I don't want to now...

but I do think its a good idea for most people to do a tandem... and suggest it to many of my friends that express an interest in the sport...
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

Did a tandem for my 85 jump, was jonesing for a jump and had no gear, our CCI said he'd do it for free as long as I covered the slots, DZO was happy to film.

Quite a strange experience climbing into to the 206 without a rig on.I was probably a crappy tandem student, tried to get stable straight out the door etc.

What surprised me most was how different it feels when you are on the front and start throwing the canopy around, even felt a little queasy.:$

"This isn't an iron lung, people. You can actually disconnect and not die." -Dave

I've done 2.

My first time out to SDH was late saturday, and rather than wait until the following week to do AFF level 1 I did a tandem the sunday to get the initial experience.

My first time out to Spaceland I did a sort of evaluation tandem. They do STP and to my understanding hadn't had anyone convert over in the middle of AFF. It wasn't too bad as I controlled the exit count, freefall, did left/right 360s, forward motion.

I did one to avoid risking the extra $100 and 6 hours of ground school if I wasn't going to be into it.

It was OK, but not near what I was hoping for, I was pretty let down. I figured I would give my first AFF jump a try because skydiving seemed like something I would really like to do – bought the A license package from the DZ right after the AFF1 jump.

Started AFF. Didn't do my first tandem until jump # 12. Was a recurrency dummy 2 other times. No more tandems for me, thank you! I love having my own gear. :$:D
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

yes I did tandem progression so I have three under my belt. Third one I had a floating ripcord... thats a fun video to watch. And if Im not cleared to jump by weeks end I will be doing another tandem. Three months out of the air is just to much for me at this point.
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this

yes as a 'dummy' for a friend getting his TI rating..

tbh i'm glad i did NOT do one prior to AFF... i just didnt find it that much fun, and i doubt i would have been as excited about returning if that had been my introduction to 'civilian' jumping...

I starte back in 83 before tandems. I did a static line jump on a round parachute for the first 20 or 30+ jumps I made. HOWEVER I did help a lot of guys get their tandem ratings when they had to have an experienced skydiver go up with them before they were checked out. Several times I went up with them when I was pregnant! Is that a tandem-tandem? So, yes, I've done a tandem but that is not how I learned. :ph34r:

just over 500 total, 6 as a passenger, it hink i need to to another one soon, i think it is important that TM's can remember how fucking uncomfortable those harnesses are, having said that i have a rating on 4 different systems and have only ever been a passenger on strong.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix