Brian425

Dating the right non-skydiver is a good thing

Yes. Based on research, (i'll have to find it again)

I'd like to read that research. If you find it, could you PM it to me?

...you may go through a life-altering period of accomplishment and achievement that helps you accomplish more personal goals/feats until that super-personality wears off. The average tims is actually about 18 months (but it took me 2 years). You then slip back to your normal self.
But, some may remember that they accomplished a lot and realize it was them all along and such future personal pushes are easier, and there's some who wait for the next "wave" to help them with their next super-selves. So yes, sooner or later, you have to face yourself after your "vacation" and make hard self-assesments: are you really a changed person?

I'm not sure I fully follow your point. Are you suggesting that people don't ever change? Or that they just discover what's inside themselves already?

Yes. Based on research, (i'll have to find it again) and mine as well as a few others personal experience, you may go through a life-altering period of accomplishment and achievement that helps you accomplish more personal goals/feats until that super-personality wears off. The average tims is actually about 18 months (but it took me 2 years). You then slip back to your normal self.
But, some may remember that they accomplished a lot and realize it was them all along and such future personal pushes are easier, and there's some who wait for the next "wave" to help them with their next super-selves. So yes, sooner or later, you have to face yourself after your "vacation" and make hard self-assesments: are you really a changed person? Or . . . for those that haven't seen the research or never cared about anything but to just have fun. . ."Hunny, I need to upgrade to the newer container, do you want a footrub for a year?"

More than anything else in world skydiving has helped me grow and develop has a person. Through skydiving, I developed an understanding of two radical and unfashionable concepts: personal responsibility and cause-effect. People who I admire, I especially admire hot chicks, have mastered these concepts without skydiving.

If I lose my understanding of personal responsibility and cause-effect, the earth shall rise up and smite me.:|

So, what you're saying is that 1.5 - 2 years of skydiving have no effect on who you are once that initial infatuation wears off?

I answered wrong to this question you asked me initally. It was supposed to be a "Yes and No" not just "yes" I read it different.

For your last post: I believe skydiving changes you only if you want it to. and I believe that if you use skydiving as a "tool" it won't change you at all.

I'd like to read that research. If you find it, could you PM it to me?

Do you have access to online academic jounals through Ebsco Host or other databases? If no, you would probably get a really long cut and pasted PM.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln