shropshire

Best religious music, by artist or popular beat combo

A little trivia. In the very early 1990s Carson Daily hosted a christian rock video music show on one of the christian channels. I wonder if I still have those VHS tapes of when I recorded a couple of the episodes...
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I once gave a presentation on skydiving with video to a classroom full of teens at a summer bible camp that was sponsored by Steven Curtis Chapman. He has put out some very good songs, although it's not really my style...

I never heard of him. I'll have to check-out his music.

Chuck

Really? Surely you've heard of his wife... Damn if I can remember the name. She's a Christain rock singer too, but years ago did a rock-n-roll song without Christain overtures and she got razzed by the community... In fact I think I remember the song's name she did "Baby Baby"...

Edited to add: Now I remember the name - Amy Grant...

Well! Why, didn't you say so? Hee, hee. I've always liked Amy Grant! It didn't click that she was married to him. I just knew that she was married to Vince Gill who at one time, was married to one of the 'Sweethearts of the Rodeo'!

Chuck

“I am” Mark Schultz
“Our God is an awesome God” Rich Mullins
“Watch the lamb” Ray Boltz

All excellent choices! I'm so sorry Rich Mullins is gone. He had special talent. (And, as an aside, Stephen Curtis Chapman is great, too.)

KLOVE.com has streaming music and is usually pretty good, too.
TPM Sister #102

Really? Surely you've heard of his wife... Damn if I can remember the name. She's a Christain rock singer too, but years ago did a rock-n-roll song without Christain overtures and she got razzed by the community... In fact I think I remember the song's name she did "Baby Baby"...

not according to his homepage...

it says this... "Born and raised in Paducah, Kentucky, Chapman, age 43, is married to Mary Beth Chapman, They have six children – Emily (19), Caleb (15), Will Franklin (14), Shaohannah (6), Stevey Joy (who will turn 3 in October) and Maria Sue (2)."
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

it says this... "Born and raised in Paducah, Kentucky, Chapman, age 43, is married to Mary Beth Chapman, They have six children – Emily (19), Caleb (15), Will Franklin (14), Shaohannah (6), Stevey Joy (who will turn 3 in October) and Maria Sue (2)."

Chuck

'Amazing Grace' Small Faces (Ron Wood is 'killer' on bottleneck guitar.)

Oh yeah, good one! Always love The Faces and Ron Wood.
Another oldie but goodie I these guys (yes, stiil around!)saw and heard Friday nite at The Fair here
How Great Thou Art- Charlie Daniels Band.

'Amazing Grace' Small Faces (Ron Wood is 'killer' on bottleneck guitar.)

Oh yeah, good one! Always love The Faces and Ron Wood.
Another oldie but goodie I these guys (yes, stiil around!)saw and heard Friday nite at The Fair here
How Great Thou Art- Charlie Daniels Band.

Good, good choice! Charlie, is now, an ordained minister. Kind of a far cry from 'Long-haired country Boy'!

Chuck

Oops, you're right, you and masterrig both. My bad. Yes Amy's married to Vince Gill, at least last I heard. I don't know how I got the names mixed up. :S
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

> Jars of Clay.

Great Group, also MercyMe and Audio Adrenaline.

Al Denson who once was very popular was best friends with my wife when in High School, played and sang at our wedding 21 short years ago. Not to mention he has a very nice King Air 350.

“I am” Mark Schultz
“Our God is an awesome God” Rich Mullins
“Watch the lamb” Ray Boltz

"Watch the Lamb" was the theme song at Rachel Scott's service which I attended in Colorado. She was a victim in the Columbine shooting back in 1999. Her younger sister did a mime performance to that song in honor of her sister Rachel...what a tearjerker[:/] Every time I hear that song..I get goosebumps and reflect....

Ditto on Mercy Me.

I can't get "Homesick" out of my head. Ever since the fall of the Twin Otter and loss of friends at Quantum Leap.
It has been playing over and over in my mind.
Also Love Jars of Clay, Third Day, DC Talk, Todd Agnew, Sanctus Real.. the list goes on.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
earthbound misfit

All of those oldies you listed. How about Petra and Rez for old? But for a newer artist even though he has been around a long time - Michael W. Smith. Check out "Fly to the Moon" on his Healing Rain cd. I think it would make a great soundtrack for a skydiving video.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Lord, let me be the person my dog thinks I am.

can't believe no one has mentioned King's X. Classic stuff right there.

And I know it's classical and not contemporary, but some of the most beautiful music ever composed is Mozart's Reqiuem (k.626), especially Lacrimosa. It is by far one of the most moving pieces of music I've ever heard.

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...