Thanatos340

Other peoples perception of you??

...People who have known me a long time, generally know me accurately.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Peanut, I thought I knew you but every time I see you, you do something to blow my whole perception out of the water and I have to start over again....

He was quoting me in that statement, pops. Though I do not know peanut, after reading his posts, my perception is he's lazy;)--too lazy to hit the quote button and make replies a helluva lot easier to understand.:P
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

yep, and that's why I never want to become a politician.

Most people are too self absorbed to really care about how others rate to begin with. However other peoples opinions only really matter if that information is used to do someone damage or it affects ones ability to get what they want out of life...like job status,standing in a community,parenting skills,etc.

personally I don't care about opinions, you have to make your own way in this life.

As for DZ .com or as my GF likes to say "Those nuts you talk to on the internet when you want to escape reality" I hope that I can at least be entertaining once in a while, and vice versa.

shit, did i type that out loud, or did i just think it?
Beware of the collateralizing and monetization of your desires.
D S #3.1415

You're funny! I love your quick wit. You are also one of the best friends a person could have. I'm so blessed that you have chosen me for that honor.

Wanna borrow my horns for awhile???

I could take that halo off your hands for a few days.

How's the last weekend in August work for you?

Hey...what are friends for?
Jump, Land, Pack, Repeat...

Do you think other people’s perception of you is generally accurate??

Are you really anything like the person most people think you are??

Absolutely not! They all think I'm paranoid.
....Even though they won't say it to my face. >:(
OrFunV/LocoBoca Rodriguez/Sonic Grieco/Muff Brother #4411
-"and ladies....messin with Robbie is venturing into territory you cant even imagine!-cuz Robbie is

having pride in oneself differs greatly from those that try to impress others outwardly...I see these as two totally different things...
just cause we clean up nice to go out in public?
:|

Pride in oneself, aye. There's being proud of one's capabilities. One's personality. One's appearance. And, I suppose, the attire we wear.

The argument is not new to me: it goes along the line: everything I do, I do for me so I feel better - not to alter or affect the perception others may have of me or their attitudes. It is an argument that holds water to some extent.

It is somewhat amusing that the things that make people feel better are extremely influenced by popular culture and the current trends or tendencies. Don't see too many 70s haircuts around. The clothes of that era once thought to be the epitome of beauty has fallen on hard times. Make up style has changed drastically.

What makes people feel better has changed. I cannot attribute this change to a change in the human psyche or biology - we don't evolve that fast. The change is a cultural one. WHat can one deduct from that?

If one reasons that it is done purely for oneself with no attention to what others may think, one could ask the question: why do I feel better with some make up, some decent clothes that at least somewhat match the norm, some new Oakleys and a Mercedes?

It is my opinion that the positive feeling can be attributed to an implicit or explicit knowledge of belonging, of making a certain statement, of presenting oneself as one wishes to be seen. I mean people keep talking about making a good first impression. Or should I say a good first correct impression. If people get you wrong from the get go, it can have serious consequences, be it at work, socially or in threatening situations.

There's absolutely not a thing wrong with it. We don't live in some vacuum after all. I just think it's important to be honest towards ourselves and at least consider that possibility that, yes, others perceptions matter and perhaps a little more than we'd like to admit.

Sounds like I should be at Your House!! Tell Lucky I can rub sunscreen with the best of them!! One Pool Boy willing to travel!!

Of course it IS a Boogie till you puke weekend at the Farm!! we all know Nothing ever happens there

They won't start pool activities until late into the night. That gives us the day at Tullahoma or Cullman. I can't do the farm, cause i'm only home for a short period then on the road again. Rather do Tullahoma, cause I have to really behave my *ss at Cullman. Mullins is cool and has never gave me any trouble. Course, i'm too skeered of him to give him any reason, hehehehhehe

LETS PARTY DUDE... Come on accross that state line ,, I'm sure you will have a good time.
Its a good day to LIVE, why puck up a good thing.

There is no reply in aad section for. " hell no i would not put an AAD on my back"