adventurechick

Skydiving is

taking over my life.

Do you ever find yourself having 3 hours of extra time and driving an hour to a dz to get a jump in right before you make it to work.

Or when you're sitting there, thinking about a new move you're going to try in the air....

Or pause a bit too long by the "trailor for sale signs" at the dz......

I've been in this sport for 7 months and I am majorly obsessed with it. Does this wear off?? Will I constantly be excited about skydiving and try to figure out a way to live closer to the dz?

What were your experiences when you started skydiving?

PMS #449 TPM #80 Muff Brother #3860
SCR #14705 Dirty Sanchez #233

taking over my life.

Do you ever find yourself having 3 hours of extra time and driving an hour to a dz to get a jump in right before you make it to work.

No, because by the end of the 3 hours, I'd still be on the climb to altitude :D
cavete terrae.

I was like that for a long time.I was probably at the DZ every weekend for 4 years.We had a Wed. afternoon group that would come out after work to make a few jumps.Now,7 yrs into the sport I have a little better balance.After working in the sport for a few years(not full time)the day came that I didn't want to be a the DZ every weekend.I still love the sport and all of the people that I have met.I hope you will come join us for one of our RoamingDZ gatherings.

it's made me think differently about how i spend money on non sky diving things. example: my oakleys got stolen, instead of buy new ones i bought el cheapos from wallgreens.

also i gladly work overtime when asked for more money for more skydives/ gear. and i know exactly where my christmas bonus is goin this year.

"my name's scot and i'm a skydiver."
diamonds are a dawgs best friend

Yeah after 8 jumps it's pretty much consumed my soul. Putting AFF on the credit cards wasn't a bright idea, and Im sure the gear purchase will send me into chapter 11. Its all good.

Does this wear off??

Unfortunately.. Yes.

Enjoy every minute of it. The high does eventually fade.. then you find yourself looking to newbies to see if you can siphon off some of that high to get it back.

I would love to be back at 50 Jumps and totally new again. That feeling is absolutely incredible..

The time Skymonkeyone came up to me when I didn’t know a soul at 20 Jumps and said “IF you need anything signed off let me know.. we will make a Jump”.

When Scotty Carbone Pied me for my 100th..

When Ian Drennen PMed me to say if I wanted Freefly Coaching, Come on down. (I regret never accepting but the offer made me feel like I could do this).

The first time I met Turtle and Rocky a Sebastian. Total strangers that I instantly clicked with..

So many special moments in this sport. Enjoy them all.
And you ever get the opportunity a few yeaars from now.. Give a few back.

Skydiving has been a blessing and a curse to my life. :)

I couldn't agree more. With skydiving and stuff involved with skydiving (more than anything else in life) do I wish I would've known then what I know now. I probably would've waited to start skydiving until I was well out of college....more mature, more money, etc.

Anyways, for me, the obsession of the sport has faded some, but the fun level has also gone WAY up. I'm not even sure if the obsession has "faded." It's just more focused now. :D
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

I didn't discover the sport until I was 38. From the beginning, I was forced to have balance. I have a limited number of "get out of jail free" cards each month. I try to skydive at least four days a month. Sometimes, I go on the weekdays because I have family commitments on the weekends.

I rarely get to skydive on two consecutive days - unless I'm on a skydiving trip without my family.

If I continue this way, I imagine that it will always feel special. For me, each skydive is like a little Christmas present. I cherish my time at the DZ because I don't get to go frequently.

I'm thankful that I've had the opportunity to travel to a number of DZs and I look forward to future adventures : )

I imagine that if I went to the same DZ every weekend, week after week, it would become less appealing. I love the people at my DZ and I feel like part of the family, but I'm more like a second cousin that comes over every now and again. I am included in the fun, but I'm not included in the drama : )
Jump, Land, Pack, Repeat...

I hear ya sister!!

Since April 22nd (when I took my s/l class) I've spent 15 out of the last 16 weekends at the dz, which is 2 hours from home. Everyone keeps asking me when I'm going to move out there, and I would do it in a heart beat if I knew I could sell my house for a decent price, find a job and a new home (I was offered part of a hanger for $300/mo!!).

I think part of my obsession is that I never really lived for the moment before I started skydiving. I was always thinking about tomorrow, next week or five years down the road, not by choice, but by survival. Now I'm 30 years old and enjoying life in the moment. I hope that never fades!

I love it, I think my excitement is tempered by my finances, when i have money to jump I jump, but I also feel that as Spence said a balance is very important to me. I have friends outside of the sport that I have to spend time with. So it makes jumping EVERY weekend hard but I jump as much as money and my good consience will let me.
Yeah...You need to grow up. -Skymama

...And you ever get the opportunity a few yeaars from now.. Give a few back.

For any of you that don't know him, this guy lives what he preaches. I would take days to list what Jay has done and is doing for us.

You Rock, Jay...but you're still an asshat-wannabe...you just can't get it right. One of these days you'll give it up and realize that you are never going to be an asshat.

:D:D:D

How's that for a left-handed compliment?
;)
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239