wwarped

"I'm from the govt, and I'm here to help." your gut reaction?

skydivers must deal with government at all levels. in the US, this begins with the FAA and continues through the local airport authorities. the EPA may impose new regulations, etc.

so, what would your initial reaction be if someone appears and says, "I'm from the gorvernment and I'm here to help?" I'm talking about gut level reaction, not what you would actually say...

thanks!
DON'T PANIC
The lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.
sloppy habits -> sloppy jumps -> injury or worse

In all fairness I would hope I would hear him out before drawing any conclusion.

Yep, what he said. That's why I voted for "Oh?"
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

We actually worked for the Feds for 21 yr's and said that shit at meetings while trying to keep a straight face:D:D.

Great ice breaker.;)

Of course i signed all my correspondence R.I.P.

You all only have to deal with the gov't once in a while. when you work for them you have to deal with them every dayB|

R.I.P.

I'd be creeped out.

no one says I'm from the gov't.;)

they say "I'm mr. Bag, douche Bag Im from the (department og gov't) and I want to tax your taxes."

butif someonme siad they were from the Gov't I would be looking for the claw hammer he was hiding behind his back. and I wouldn't let out of my sight:ph34r:
My photos

My Videos

Please don't tell my mother I work for the FAA, she thinks I'm turning $10 tricks as a male prostitute in the French Quarter of New Orleans. :D

BTW did I mention I hate the FAA.>:(
"I'm not a gynecologist but I will take a look at it"
RB #1295, Smokey Sister #1, HellFish #658, Dirty Sanchez #194, Muff Brothers #3834, POPS #9614, Orfun Foster-Parent?"

Please don't tell my mother I work for the FAA, she thinks I'm turning $10 tricks as a male prostitute in the French Quarter of New Orleans. :D

BTW did I mention I hate the FAA.>:(

:D:D:D:D

How ya liking the new nontract, bro?

Make sure you fill out your govt. employee survey accordingly.

BTW did I mention I hate the FAA.

Could you explain why?

He *is* the FAA. Maybe it's just a bit of self-loathing. I suggest therapy. :D:D:D
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Hi wwarped,

Well, I spent 30 yrs working for the fed. gov't. And, yes we did say that quite often in meetings. I used to even say to contractors, once I got to know them somewhat.

Quite often I would have to go out to a wood pole company that was right next door to the Sheridan, OR dz. If I had time, I would usually try to stop and see Ted Mayfield, the dz owner. When I drove up in the gov't car and my suit & tie, the jumpers would all run inside and yell, "Ted, the FAA is here." You should have seen his face until he realized it was me.

Ya gotta have some fun in life.

Jerry

PS) IMO, 30% of gov't workers are worthless; 40% are OK and do their job; the other 30% really care and do a great job. Guess where I fit?