NWFlyer

Are You Smart Enough to be Stupid?

How about you? Are you smart enough to be stupid? Were you able to master that skill to enable you to have the happy, lazy, stealthily intelligent life you wanted?

No....[:/]I kind of screwed up a few years ago and tried to prove I could do everything and now it is expected of me on a daily basis. Damn it why did I do that?
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

Believe it or not, research has suggested that stupid people are too stupid to know how stupid they are, and therefore think they are smart because they don't understand the limitations of their intellects...

Absofrickinlutely. That's why Creationism has such a strong following. I know people who wallow with pride in the trough of their ignorance and glory in their narrow viewpoints. Anything they can't understand must be wrong. If ignorance is bliss, they are orgasmic.

Never argue with stupid people, though. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience every time.

<<<<<<>>>>>>>:)

WooooHoooo!

See? JohnMitchel is smart enough to post a stupid SC comment in the Bonfire! Go JM!!! Now THAT'S proving you're smart enough to be stupid!

:D:D:D:P
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Yes, I am. I have everyone but my parents and my professors fooled. :D

You only think you do. ;)
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

How 'bout those situations where you've managed somehow to give your bosses the impression that you're really smarter, more knwledgeable and better than you actually are?

Ya know, when the boss comes up to you and says "Person A, B and C would do this project together but they are on vacation, bu.t I was thinking "

Those "oh man now I am fucked" situations is why I love my job.

Hehe. I know what you mean.

I was working in a law office last summer that had major computer issues. They gave me a fairly ancient pentium 4, and the thing ran soooo slowly. I was having trouble getting my job done because I needed the computer to work so I could do my research and write my memos. If something's wrong with a computer that I know how to fix, and it'll make my life easier if I fix it, I'll fix the damn thing. So, I cleaned up the hard drive, ran a virus scan (OMG... I didn't know it was possible to have over 500 viruses (virii?) on a computer and have it still work even slightly) and defragmented the hard drive, and fixed some really stupid directory structures. By the end of the first week, my computer was the only one in the office that actually worked. I didn't think anything of it, other than I could now get my job done.

Unfortunately, my boss noticed that my computer was the only one in the office that actually worked...

By the end of the summer I was about to scream "I'm a law clerk, not tech support!"

In my professional life, I've always had to excel at everything I did. I never accepted mediocrity. In my personal life, I tend to play up the 'stupid' much more. For example, I go over to Speaker's Corner and see all the smarty pants people with their links to their point of view. Me, I could give a shit about taking the time to find the links to support my point of view. The reason for this is the fact that it's the stupid internet and it's not worth my time.

Chris

Darn . . . I was so excited to see that you had replied to one of my posts. . . I was gonna buy beer.

Technically, a reply is still a reply no matter what the content is. You can still buy beer. ;)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Are you smart enough to be stupid?

Ha! You know I work for the government. Case closed. :)

Mr Mitchell

You were smart enough:

to marry a great babe, (not bad looking either:P)

to have 4 or 5 (i forget) great kids.

And If you screwed up in your gov't job just once[:/].
The body count would be higher than all my fingers and toes.

All gov't jobs aren't the same, Your's is on top of the food chain. Thanks for doing what you do, and bringing your Tall wife to the DZ.:)
SC:S We still luve you skymama:$

R.I.P.