SkydiveStMarys

The worst beer I have EVER had!!

Last night was Date Night with my SO. We went to this bar that we go to that has great atmosphere and a band, which rocks too....anywho I decided to try one of the new beers that they had on tap (they have like 20 different ones) any way I tried a beer from The Lost Coast Brewery (which is out in Cali) The beer was Great White (I was drawn to the shark on the tap handle:D). Worst beer I have ever had!! Tasted like what I would think fresh cut grass tastes like (it was actually sweet)B|!! Blak!!!!!!!!>:( I gaged 1/2 of it down and couldn't finish the rest as my throat felt like it was gonna close up everytime I took a swallow...ruined the coors lite that I drank for the rest of the evening>:(.

Ever have a really bad beer that you didn't finish? I will drink just about anything but I found the final straw last night!!

Bobbi
A miracle is not defined by an event. A miracle is defined by gratitude.

Ever have a really bad beer that you didn't finish?

Yeah... pretty much every bottle of Rolling Rock anyone ever tried to give me... I lived 3 blocks from the brewery, after smelling them making malt pretty much every day (smelled like strong piss) I couldn't drink it....
The only naturals in this sport shit thru feathers...

This is bad, I can still "smell" it in my mind and it makes me make a funny face. It was just plain nasty stuff!! Beer is not supposed to taste sweet!! I kid you not..fresh cut grass (it smelled "fresh)!! I thought of Scott's dog Karma!!:D

Bobbi

The more clever the name, the worse the beer. A couple of the beers I remember being horrible were:
1) He-Brew kosher beer; and
2) Bierbitzch

I tried them both at a beer fest in San Diego and I thought they were both gawd-awful...

I actually thought I could make a beer called "Tastes like Shit" that would really taste like shit and would sell mighty fine!

My wife is hotter than your wife.

I will second the Rolling Rock. I cannot stand that beer. I have had several that are worse though: Reingold, Fat Cat, Schlitz, and Milwaukee's Best Special Reserve in no particular order.

Here's to the Breezes that blows through the Trezzez.....

I'll drink a Icehouse or two if I want to catch a quick buzz. Any Ice beer is a good quick buzz. But its not what I reach for first. I should have just stuck with a Merlot or Red wine. Ah well, live and learn, thats what I get for trying to hang with the boys.:D

Bobbi

It was a Korean beer called Cass. The barkeep at a fancy place in town decided he liked me and served me up an icy mug of the vile stuff.

I drank half to be social, but I was drunk and it still tasted nasty. Now Hite, that was fairly tasty. Even toured their factory in Chuncheon.

Still, I had to lower my beer-standards in Korea, just as a matter of finance. Fine import beers were really expensive (like $11 for a Guinness). :oB|

I was barely legal drinking age, when a buddy of mine and I were going fishing. We stopped and got a 6-pack of 'Bud'. Put it on ice and loaded it in the boat. After awhile, we cracked one o' those icy-cold brews and took a long slug and immediately spit it out! It was 'skunky'! Worst crap I ever tried to drink. Kinda' ended the fishing expedition, too... that was all we had to drink.

Chuck

A Filipino beer called San Miguel. It was prevalent in Korea, Japan, Okinawa and the Philippines of course. Rumor said that there was formaldehyde used in the brewing process, and judging by the debilitating head pounding gut wrenching hangover the next day, I'd have to agree.

There was a bar in the jungle in Diego Garcia, and the silly military lads there drank it in a fashion called "guttering". Guttering basically involves pouring the beer into the rain gutter of the thatched hut bar and standing underneath it so it pours directly into your gaping maw. *Shudders*

Enclosed are pics of a typical San Miguel evening.

Dances
Muff Brother #2169

"You can take the girl out of the sky, but not the sky out of the girl!"

Yep, the Chinese and Japanese have absolutely no fucking good taste of any kind in their beers. Ugh...

Years ago my wife bought me one of those 24 beer sampler cases from The World Market, which included beers from all over the world. I had one chug of each of those countries' beers and promptly poured the rest out... :|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Yep, the Chinese and Japanese have absolutely no fucking good taste of any kind in their beers.

Whereas I'd contend that Tsing Tao and Asahi Super Dry are two of the best beers generally available today. They beat any US beer I've tasted. Budwar and Staropramen 12 are better, and there's a couple of other very nice European ones too.

Beer is subjective. Great White is a belgian-style white ale. I kinda like them, but they're like Hefeweizen and not for everyone. Hoegaarten is a better example of that style.

Lots of people like Belgian Lambics, which are downright syrupy and usually have a fruit flavor to them (cherry and raspberry are the most common).

Of course, the beauty of micro brew is that you may have gotten a weird batch, I can't say.
7CP#1 | BTR#2 | Payaso en fuego Rodriguez
"I want hot chicks in my boobies!"- McBeth