maurice1369

Thoughts on Precision Fusion

Hey everyone,

I am thinking about buying a Precision Fusion but there really is not alot of reviews of how they fly.
If there is anyone out there who has flown one please feel free and let me know.
I know precision is a good company just do not know how the canopy flies.

If one lives in regret, then they can never truely experience happiness.
EXPECT THE WORST, HOPE FOR THE BEST!!!

Only have a few demo jumps on a fusion 190ish at about 1.3 : 1. Slider was bit overly prone to sticking up, never had a problem pumping it down with breaks or rears though. Also found it to be mushy in deep breaks, really did not like that. Other than that it flew ok and landed fine.

I just got a fusion 190 loaded at 1.1:1 and I have put 30 or so jumps on it. From my inexperienced perspective it is a really easy canopy to learn on. I have no complaints it flys real smooth and docile in the air and it has a strong flair. It took me 10 jumps to find the "sweet" spot in it but now I stand up every landing with ease.

Only have a few demo jumps on a fusion 190ish at about 1.3 : 1. ... Also found it to be mushy in deep breaks, really did not like that.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

Most canopies are mushy in deep brakes.
... much better than the canopies that stall violently in deep brakes.

Come to think of it, skydiving schools and accuracy competitors cheerfully pay top dollar for canopies that are mushy in deep brakes
... mind you accuracy competitors prefer wing loadings in the 0.7 pounds per square foot range.

Most canopies are mushy in deep brakes.
... much better than the canopies that stall violently in deep brakes.

Come to think of it, skydiving schools and accuracy competitors cheerfully pay top dollar for canopies that are mushy in deep brakes
... mind you accuracy competitors prefer wing loadings in the 0.7 pounds per square foot range.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Fair enough. Maybe mushy was not the word I was looking for but I did not like the way the fusion flew in deep breaks. It would veer and hunt for a direction, one way then another, so you had to constantly correct it. Then when you wanted it to turn, it was not very responsive. Of course at the time I was flying a spectre, so maybe I was biased to good slow flight. However, I did wind up with a safire, instead of the fusion, and it also flys much better in breaks than the fusion did.

Sounds like you were stalling the canopy. The Fusion has a pretty smooth entry to stall characteristic for a 9 cell compared to many other canopies.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

I did stall it several times. However, at the time I am talking about, the canopy was still flying, breaks well above the stall point.

This canopy landed fine, as i said before, and I am not saying it was a bad canopy, just did not like it in breaks, just my opinion. Another jumper, who also flys in breaks alot, demo jumper, flag flyer, also demoed this same canopy, had the same things to say about it.

Based on what every one here is saying, I wonder if we just had a lemon canopy.

Really now.

The Xaos is a clear and away improvement of the FX and VX.

The Fusion opens better than it's direct competitive products from PD, Icarus and Aerodyne.

The Tandem canopies are top notch.

The R-Max is tough as anything on the market.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

The Xaos is a clear and away improvement of the FX and VX.

Having not flown either, I can't speak to that specifically... but in my mind results speak for themselves. Velocities dominate the swoop competitions, period. VX is a distant second, and I occasionally see a Xaos.

Granted, there's a marketing and budget aspect to the velocities domination, but if the Xaos was really better, the best in the world would convert.

The Fusion opens better than it's direct competitive products from PD, Icarus and Aerodyne.

this is believable... my Sabre2's openings took some getting used to. Although a lot of the Pilot and Safire pilots I know say their own canopies are the best introductory 9-cell because they open so nicely. Regardless, as long as the opening is reasonable, I'm personally more interested in flight charachteristics than openings.

The Tandem canopies are top notch.

As long as they're better than flight concepts...:P

The R-Max is tough as anything on the market.

The Raven is, in my opinion, Precision's one decent product, although they've had some issues a few years back with the -M's exploding. And I don't even want to start on the -MZ. But really, given a choice between an R-max and a PD reserve... few would argue against PD.

final note: All this is my opinion, feel free to ignore it. And I'm a self-proclaimed PD snob, although they've had their share of flops too (vengence anyone? Silhouette? Excalibur?)
"Some people follow their dreams, others hunt them down and beat them mercilessly into submission."