grue

I want to push my car out out of a Skyvan

and if you paint the Dropzone.com logo on all the junk I'll throw in the sponsorship and fundraising weight of the site to help make it happen.

If anyone decides to drive this forward, let me know.

Thats awesome. Really awesome.

To Grue, I hope this happens. I think this sounds so great, have a dz.com junk day ... I know it can happen.... so start chopping that car up and good luck. I will pre-prder a dvd and cant wait to see your car falling from the side and you trying to eat or drink something while doing that :D
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this

Is this spread over the "event" or is it by load?

We were talking dropping a car. That was a load price.
If we are now talking a junk day...it would be based on tach time of the aircraft, plus clean up and safety personnel.
I will work on re-calculating and let folks know what to expect as far as costs.

Is this spread over the "event" or is it by load? If you can get cover for a day then spreading the cost over a few loads (looks like there are a few cars that needs dropping) may make it more affordable over the whole.

...and if you paint the Dropzone.com logo on all the junk I'll throw in the sponsorship and fundraising weight of the site to help make it happen.
;)

man, this could be an outstanding junk day! I'd take the ball, but having kids now, i don't spend as much time as i used to on the road, but i'm happy to contribute time from here, and also what i know about pushing objects from planes and flying with them, and so on. on the project, i wouldn't be after selling a dvd or controlling the footage, but i would want to be able to include the footage in my own stock footage library and be clear to let it be aired on tv and such. the first junk day was a blast. this could be an even cooler junk day and for me, it would be an opportunity to explore some new angles. so don't forget to count me in!!

Joe Jennings
http://www.skydive.com
http://www.skydive.tv

his could be an even cooler junk day and for me, it would be an opportunity to explore some new angles. so don't forget to count me in!!

You know, I've always been told I fall like a nickel plated safe with rounded corners...so I would LOVE to do a jump with a safe about my size. Maybe an old gun safe?
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

You know, I've always been told I fall like a nickel plated safe with rounded corners...so I would LOVE to do a jump with a safe about my size. Maybe an old gun safe?

whew! now a safe would be cool, and would leave a hefty crater.....

Joe Jennings
http://www.skydive.com
http://www.skydive.tv

Who wants to come with if I do it?

I'm in, just need a couple weeks notice to get a ticket.... not sure what I have to contribute junk wise though. [:/]

wait a minute, I know! Anyone want to take bets on how fast an engine block will fall? Not the whole cars, just the engine block; and maybe a transmission attached. :)
Jeff
Shhh... you hear that sound? That's the sound of nobody caring!

I'm in, just need a couple weeks notice to get a ticket.... not sure what I have to contribute junk wise though. [:/]

wait a minute, I know! Anyone want to take bets on how fast an engine block will fall? Not the whole cars, just the engine block; and maybe a transmission attached. :)
Jeff

somehow I think wheels on the junk would make it easier to get out the door...

:S
Scars remind us that the past is real

Jeff

That is what they make creepers for.:ph34r:
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

WOW, that would be fucking cool.

I really don't have anything to toss out right now but I would love to be on those jumps.

when this comes to fruition, I really wanna be on the jump/s.

at a minimum I'll film. Grue, JoeJ, BB, Kevin, Let me know if I Can help. I'll do my best to help if it'll secure my slot.

(in case any of you were wondering: my slot is insecure)
My photos

My Videos

That is what they make creepers for.

:D:D:D Yeah, creepers make it easier to load the plane as well.

I wonder how hard it would be to 'ride' and engine block and transmission in freefall. Now THAT would be fast! :D
Shhh... you hear that sound? That's the sound of nobody caring!

Jeff

The wheels on the junk go round and round...round and round...round and round..:)
"Dancing Argentine Tango is like doing calculus with your feet."
-9 toes

Betsy, would you be willing to help organize junk day though Skydive AZ? I'm betting there are enough people out there who'd love to take part.

Kevin..how about you spearhead that one?
Kama is back working here and I am sure she would help!:)

Betsy, can you (or someone else) post the skills requirements for jumpers wishing to do a junk day.
If the jumpers know what skills they need you may get more ppl interested.

Mmm.. Yeah thats probably a good idea. I have a feeling the requirements to be on a load like that are pretty damn high. Given that this crap can't be easy!
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

any req list yet. if more cars are needed i think i can probavly get some more for really cheap or free, and they would already be stripped of almost everything
light travels faster than sound, that's why some people appear to be bright until you hear them speak

I wanna go off the ramp.. at the helm of this sucka.. its 27 ft long and 10 ft wide.....its been a pain in my ass for over a decade... its wood so all we have to do is burn it once it splinters on the ground... OR... we coudl just torch it in the air.....;)

as cool as it would be to see it burn in the air I think it would be cooler to watch the wind put it out...so we can drink around it after the day is done.

and if you go off with the boat SOMEONE HAS TO do the titanic thing at the front.:D

and SOMEONE would have to skysurf behind it so we can photoshop a string between the boat and the surfer:ph34r:

I'll jump a an inflatable dolphin along side:ph34r:
My photos

My Videos

I have given an estimate (rough) to Grue.
You guys are going to have to dig deep.
It isn't about slots, it IS about liability.
Aircraft alone for something like this is in the 5k (US) range.
As for skydivingstunts.com
(the in air stuff with Joe,Kevin,and Greg) that is seperate.
Additional costs outside of aircraft costs are salvage and wrecking crews, groung crews and safety personnel.
I am a able to provide the costs for aircrat, venue, safety crew. (Burke)
The rest will need to be researched by Grue.

last time i was in El Mirage CA there was a stack of ancient AA target drones.. they looked to be just short enough to fit in the skyvan.

I made some inquiries and they wanted 12k for the stack of 14, made some other queries and there really didnt seem to be much interest in $1000.00 per person "Dr Strange Love" Spoting contests... :D:D:D [:/]