sharimcm

So, I wrecked my car...

My baby del Sol was in a front end collision this morning with a Mazda Protege. The fuckin' lady in front of my SLAMMED on her brakes not to hit a fuckin' cat, and I didn't stop soon enough to avoid her. Damnit! >:( The car is driveable, and I'm taking it to the shop for an estimate in about an hour.

PLEASE people... Don't stop for an animal. Hit the fucking thing so you don't get hit... B|

Yeah, I'm not looking for sympathy, so let the games begin.

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself

Sorry, no sympathy here :P

You were probably following the car too close or not paying close enough attention. The accident is your fault, not the cats or the woman in front of you. I'm sure if it was your dog or cat in the road you'd be happy someone was aware enough to avoid hitting them. ;)

Car repairs suck though, hope it doesn't cost too much money :(

Jen
Arianna Frances

My baby del Sol was in a front end collision this morning with a Mazda Protege

No one was hurt right? Hope so.;)

PLEASE people... Don't stop for an animal. Hit the fucking thing so you don't get hit

Amen.

No only that, hit the thing so you don't skid off the road, into a culvert, or tree, or fence, or pedestrian on a sidewalk, or across the road head-on into another car, or drift sideways and start rolling, or...

Many animals with exception of full grown deer will cause minimal damage to your vehicle. I hit a doe doing 50mph once (jumped right out in front, had no reaction time, I was driving a '93 Civic Si). The hip left a little dent in my hood, but the bumper and everything else were fine. I had to pick some hair out of the air-dam, but no real damage.

edit to add: BTW, it sucks hitting another car, and unfortunately, you're still responsible for the accident. I'm simply glad no one was hurt.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

I carry full coverage on the car, so all I am responsible for is the deductible. No one was hurt, not even the cat... :S Hell, I was still waking up!

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself

My baby del Sol was in a front end collision this morning with a Mazda Protege. The fuckin' lady in front of my SLAMMED on her brakes not to hit a fuckin' cat, and I didn't stop soon enough to avoid her. Damnit! >:( The car is driveable, and I'm taking it to the shop for an estimate in about an hour.

PLEASE people... Don't stop for an animal. Hit the fucking thing so you don't get hit... B|

Yeah, I'm not looking for sympathy, so let the games begin.

Obviously all the cats fault. If the lady HAD hit it, it would have been justice served.B|

Back off if you don't want to rear end someone.

Yeah, you were following too closely. My daughter had to learn that lesson a few months ago. The result was a traffic ticket, damage to her bumper and her insurance went up. We're making her pay for all of it, so hopefully she'll learn to back off.

I'm glad no one is hurt. :)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

That's sort of like my very recent traffic accident where I was rear-ended on the way to work in my truck. I had my right blinker on the legal and proper distance from where I was going to turn, I had begun to slow to turn into the gas station to buy a Coke and as I slowed to turn I was rear-ended by a college kid doing 45mph on her cellphone.

I felt bad for her, she just made a mistake and caused an accident. Everyone was basically ok (I'm still fighting off some whiplash). My truck was basically OK due to the very nice Ranch Hand bumper I put on there a few years ago (steel/pipe bumper bolted directly to the frame, for you yankees).

Well, that's why they're called accidents. You didn't mean for it to happen. Luckily no one was hurt, insurance will fix the cars and I bet you learned a little from the experience. Atleast, hopefully you did.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

You were following to close. If you hit somebody from behind in my stste, it is automatically your fault. Ever heard of the 3 second rule. If it eases your mind at all one time I was looing at a nice looking lady on the side of the road and tucked the front of my car under the rear bumper of a flatbed truck. The year that mini skirts were invented, 64 or 65 I believe, rear end collisions increased dramatically in England and the U.S.A.

I may be getting old but I got to see all the cool bands.

OK, I'm going to defend myself a little bit... I was not following too close, I just wasn't paying attention, which landed me on her ass. I know of the two second rule and due to lack of depth perception, I am usually always further away than two seconds. I was just waking up, not paying attention, singing to my favorite song on the radio. When she slammed on her brakes, and I finally reacted to the brake lights, I tried to swerve slighty to the right to avoid her, but it was too late. The cat, and the parties involved are fine. I wasn't placing blame on her at all, I told her it was my fault, and even declined her when she asked if I wanted her insurance information. She apologized for slamming on her brakes for wanting to avoid the cat. Lesson learned. My insurance will go up, the cars will be fixed, I'll wake up earlier, pay closer attention, and life goes on. Accidents happen... That's why there's insurance. I have rental reimbursement, so it's all good. Car will be done in a week.

But, honestly, I think she should've hit the cat... I was once told you can slow down slightly, but don't SLAM on your brakes... That's what causes accidents.

My baby del Sol was in a front end collision this morning with a Mazda Protege. The fuckin' lady in front of my SLAMMED on her brakes not to hit a fuckin' cat, and I didn't stop soon enough to avoid her.
reply]

Yeah, fuck those animals. Hell, why stop there.

People, if you're driving down the street, and a small child runs into the road, AIM FOR THE HEAD. MUCH LESS LIKELY TO BLOW OUT A TIRE.

Are you fucking kidding me? "Hit the fucking thing so you don't get hit?"

It's been said here a few times. Back the fuck off the bumper and give yourself time to react.

Hope you don't have a pet who one day is faced down by someone with your warped sense of right vs. wrong.

$1700 to fix the car...

:( I have a '95 Del Sol Si. I feel your pain.:(

The collision didn't set off your airbags did it? The previous owner of my Del Sol had a front end collision and set off the airbags. The cost to replace the airbags (honda parts) was more than half the value of the vehicle so the insurance company totaled the car.
"Buttons aren't toys." - Trillian
Ken

OK, I'm going to defend myself a little bit... I was not following too close, I just wasn't paying attention, which landed me on her ass. I know of the two second rule and due to lack of depth perception, I am usually always further away than two seconds. I was just waking up, not paying attention, singing to my favorite song on the radio. When she slammed on her brakes, and I finally reacted to the brake lights, I tried to swerve slighty to the right to avoid her, but it was too late.

Gee..., I am glad I wasn't RIDING MY FUCKING MOTORCYCLE IN FRONT OF YOU! >:(

$1700 to fix the car...

:( I have a '95 Del Sol Si. I feel your pain.:(

The collision didn't set off your airbags did it? The previous owner of my Del Sol had a front end collision and set off the airbags. The cost to replace the airbags (honda parts) was more than half the value of the vehicle so the insurance company totaled the car.

No airbag deployment thankfully. Although the impact was bad enough that my glasses flew off my face, and Chex Mix came out of no where... It's OK. She'll be back with me in a week. She's getting a new front bumper, blinker cover, illumination light, reinforcement beam, fender liner, and a paint job. I love that little car, and I even told the shop do whatever it takes NOT to total it out.

She's getting a new front bumper, blinker cover, illumination light, reinforcement beam, fender liner, and a paint job. I love that little car, and I even told the shop do whatever it takes NOT to total it out.

"YOU ARE NOT THE CAR YOU DRIVE..."

She's getting a new front bumper, blinker cover, illumination light, reinforcement beam, fender liner, and a paint job. I love that little car, and I even told the shop do whatever it takes NOT to total it out.

"YOU ARE NOT THE CAR YOU DRIVE..."

But it is OK to Love the car you drive.. (where's that heart emoticon? )

Love= Del Sol
Lust = S2000;):P
"Buttons aren't toys." - Trillian
Ken

But it is OK to Love the car you drive.. (where's that heart emoticon? )

Love= Del Sol
Lust = S2000;):P

Complete obsession = 1967 Shelby GT 500, 428, 4 spd, dual 450s...aaahhhh

Yes, i had one...number 0194...but, all "things" come to an end. :(

But, honestly, I think she should've hit the cat... I was once told you can slow down slightly, but don't SLAM on your brakes... That's what causes accidents.

So, it will be ok with you someday if you have someone at your door saying, "I'm so sorry for killing your beloved pet, but you'll be glad to know there is no damage to my or the other guy's car"? :S
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

So, it will be ok with you someday if you have someone at your door saying, "I'm so sorry for killing your beloved pet, but you'll be glad to know there is no damage to my or the other guy's car"? :S

It's not that scenario that concerns me as much as a kid running out in front. A defense of being still asleep didn't improve it either.

--------
There are legitimate reasons to slam on the brakes, even though we live in society that often tailgates.

When you follow too closely, you rely more and more on luck. Sure, it's unlucky if some fool in front of you slams on the brake pedal for no good reason. It's still your fault/pain if you crash into it.

My current shoulder image is a combo of bad luck, someone else's carelessness, and my reducing following distance to get over to an exit lane quickly. (Another reason not to drive before you're awake)