hookitt

Wings Reserve Toggles. Please don't do this

This is how the toggles were secured on a rig I'm doing a repack on. The actual reserve pack job was very neat. I give it an *A*. Securing the toggles like shown in number 1 and 2, however, can be troublesome. It's especially inconvenient wearing gloves and trying to grab the toggles in a hurry. Please don't secure the toggles like that.

Leave something to grab.

That is all

Thanks
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

Sigh....

Build a foolproof system, and world just invents another idiot.

During the time I worked at Sunshine Factory packing reserves, I could have assembled a whole riggers kit from the tools I foiund left in reserve pack jobs, including a molar strap. So many riggers think the pack job is over once they wrestle the canopy into the bag. 99% of the mistakes I see take place either before or after that.

I just repacked one that had the toggles on backwards with the stiffener on the outside. All loose loop was against the riser'

I'll never figure out how some people get thru life with no common sense:P

Edited to add; 3 different riggers have packed this before me

It is not that hard, they added pictures in the manual even.. ;)

Scott C.

You (and I) keep assuming that all riggers read the manual. :(

Unfortunately, I think we have too much evidence to suggest that not everyone uses:
current manuals
check lists
tool check lists
common sense
the phone (when uncertain, call the mfg)
correct tools

JW
Always remember that some clouds are harder than others...

So many riggers think the pack job is over once they wrestle the canopy into the bag. 99% of the mistakes I see take place either before or after that.

If 99% of the mistakes take place either BEFORE or AFTER "wrestling the canopy into the bag", when do the other 1% of the mistakes occur? I guess that would default to DURING the bagging?

So many riggers think the pack job is over once they wrestle the canopy into the bag. 99% of the mistakes I see take place either before or after that.

If 99% of the mistakes take place either BEFORE or AFTER "wrestling the canopy into the bag", when do the other 1% of the mistakes occur? I guess that would default to DURING the bagging?

Getting it in the bag is the easiest bit. Even the shittiest looking pack job will open if it's been folded and stowed right.

It's all the ancilliary stuff that riggers screw up. Leaving tools in the container, closing incorrectly, bag bridle stowage, etc etc.