Ronaldo

Gear store in Canada (used gear)

Hi,
Does anybody know a dealer in Canada that sells used skydive gear (preferably one that has a web page)?
Blue skies

Ronaldo
Engineering Law #5: The most vital dimension on any plan drawing stands the most chance of being omitted

The Flying High website http://www.flyinghigh.net/ is no scream in hell but if you get hold of Al MacDonald he has a variety of stuff on hand and good sources [email protected] He's been in business a long time and is well known.

Flying High is in Alberta and has ads in every issue of Canpara and Skydiving Magazine
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

There just doesn't seem to be any one ideal site for convenient online shopping of used gear in Canada. Every dropzone has its own corkboard with pieces of paper pinned to it...

Jeff Smith at SWOOP (swoop.on.ca) in Ontario has a nice small shop and does some selling of used gear too, but his web site (monkeybrothers.ca) is down at the moment.

Joe Chow ("Phone Joe") at Skydive Toronto isn't really into buying & selling gear any more.
(I think he didn't have time to stay current so ended up with stuff unsold that people really didn't need any more. Occasionally he has something, but it isn't regular business anymore. But he does have a lot of older unusual stuff, and does make sales & rentals to movie & TV companies from time to time.)

Thank you all for the replies. Just curious, can I order a product from USA and have it delivered in Canada? Do I have to pay import/export duties over it? If so how much?
Safe skies
Engineering Law #5: The most vital dimension on any plan drawing stands the most chance of being omitted

Thank you all for the replies. Just curious, can I order a product from USA and have it delivered in Canada? Do I have to pay import/export duties over it? If so how much?
Safe skies

yeah you can order from USA to canada. You pay duties on whatever the items value is declared as. Little trick to not pay duties is just to declare it under 50 dollars on the shippers side when they ship it but the downside to doing this is if it gets lost you can only declare 50 bucks on the shipping insurance but if you have house insurance they will cover it anyways. Duties is equal to GST/PST i belive

US manufactured stuff shouldn't attract duty but GST/HST/PST is another story.

DO NOT USE UPS. Use either US Postal Service or Fedex Priority.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

Thanks for the shout out Peter!

We do have a store - our website will be down for a bit - Al and I are restructuring the business at the moment - we will be back up soon! We are taking orders anytime - just call me 416 992 1704 or email [email protected] and I can look after it - we have a BUNCH of used gear in right now!

~Jeff