nigel99

How many people have 10 000 jumps or more?

I know that Bruno Brokken of Empuriabrava has over 10,000... but more impressively I am told that he has now not had a malfunction in over 10,000 jumps (this was when I was there last month).

I think the only guy I've jumped with who has over 10,000 jumps is Mike Swanson. There may be more... I can't remember.

Bill Dause of Lodi California has over 30 000 jumps
Daniel Paquette of Farnham Quebec has over 13 000 jumps
Eric Fradet from France has over 23 000 jumps
Mike McGuire from UPT Vector has over 10 000 jumps
There is a guy in Pennsylvania who should be over 40 000 jumps now but I forgot the name (something like Kehler or Kelhner)
Most of them are or were working full time in the skydiving industry
Learn from others mistakes, you will never live long enough to make them all.

Bill Dause of Lodi California has over 30 000 jumps
Daniel Paquette of Farnham Quebec has over 13 000 jumps
Eric Fradet from France has over 23 000 jumps
Mike McGuire from UPT Vector has over 10 000 jumps
There is a guy in Pennsylvania who should be over 40 000 jumps now but I forgot the name (something like Kehler or Kelhner)
Most of them are or were working full time in the skydiving industry

The Pennsylvania guy is Don Kellner at Above the Poconos. Don, Darlene, Frank, Tony and staff are really nice and professional. Some have said "yeah but how many jumps were OVER 5k?!" but I think a jump is a jump...risking your life every time regardless of altitude. My hat goes off to all who have over 1 jump...but that's just my trivial opinion.
"...And once you have tasted flight, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been, and there you long to return..." - Leonardo da Vinci

I have the honor and privledge of jumping with two +10,000 jump wonders every weekend.

Mary Bauer - Hit 15.000 about two months ago. Nothing like being at 9,990 feet and getting the "It's my 15,000th. Don't fuck up" sign two seconds before door!

Bob Stumm - Hit 13,000 this last winter.

Considering that Bob and Mary come from a 182 dz that's only open Saturdays and Sundays all year 'round, and Wed and Fri evenings during the summer...not too shabby. Yes, they are load whores!! And we love them for it!!!

And don't forget Dan BC...over 24,000.

Some have said "yeah but how many jumps were OVER 5k?!" but I think a jump is a jump...risking your life every time regardless of altitude.

Pretty much all of Bill Dause's jumps are from altitude.
There is a huge difference between hop'n'pops and full altitude skydiving.

Bill would have to have the most freefall time out of anybody?
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

I am quite curious as a friend of mine recently did his 10 000th jump (we started at the same time - I have just over 100>:()

When I was a current jumper 500 jumps was a skygod. I guess doing the maths he has averaged about 600 jumps a year.

Well I got 10,000 jump award no 91 a week ago if that helps.

I would venture to guess that many people getting in the 10,000 jump range have slacked some on logging.

I have logged every single jump I've ever done in longhand, with date, DZ, aircraft, altitude, delay, total delay, type of jump and canopy used. Anyone who doesn't believe me is welcome to come round my house and pore through logbook after logbook, from my first static line jump in 1986 to my 10,036th yesterday until they weep with boredom :P

Bill would have to have the most freefall time out of anybody?

I dout it. Have you ever seen him open below 3500? There are some Airspeed members close to Bill's numbers that open regularly at lower altitudes (2K), and even some wingsuit pilots, with alot of jumps, that get almost 2.5 times the freefall time as a normal RW jump.
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

I would venture to guess that many people getting in the 10,000 jump range have slacked some on logging.

I have logged every single jump I've ever done in longhand, with date, DZ, aircraft, altitude, delay, total delay, type of jump and canopy used. Anyone who doesn't believe me is welcome to come round my house and pore through logbook after logbook, from my first static line jump in 1986 to my 10,036th yesterday until they weep with boredom :P

I believe you, Nerd :P
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

Come to DeLand. On any given day, you could probably fill an otter load with people who all have more than 10,000 jumps.

We've got a good bit of those here in Chester too.
Rodriguez Brother #1614, Muff Brother #4033
Jumped: Twin Otter, Cessna 182, CASA, Helicopter, Caravan

There are some Airspeed members close to Bill's numbers that open regularly at lower altitudes (2K)

In all fairness, quite a lot of their jumps are also from 10.5 for training. But I think we're slicing hairs at this point.
Remster

In all fairness, quite a lot of their jumps are also from 10.5 for training. But I think we're slicing hairs at this point.

and they probably don't have over 30,000 jumps either.

if they did then somone would have mentioned it, the only guy that comes close has shitloads of hop'n'pops,
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

I can confirm this, having seen Gareth's old logbooks.

By "this", I mean the weeping boredom, of course.