bertusgeert

HOW TO: Survive a long fall

I found the opposite to be true ( at least for me, as a skydiver)

I fell off my stoop the other day but it was all good.
I tracked over to my lawn which was lucky because the sprinklers had been on for a few minutes and softened the ground enough to save me from injury. After my track I DE-ARCHED to slow my speed and covered my face, since that would be first to hit the ground.

my De-arch was a little unstable since I only had about .000008 seconds to get into position but it may have saved my life.

it wasa good thing that I was still moving forward from my track because the wet grass allowed the force to be transferred from a downward impact to a forward impact; quite like a slip and slide.

The ambulance was called immediately and the EMT's were quick to respond. That was a huge relief because I really hurt my elbow and I had some cuts and bruises

The cleared me to use my stoop again but they said My elbow will heal and that had I had a Can of beer rather than a glass beer bottle I probably wouldn't have any cuts at all.

Next time I will assess my risks before doing anything so dangerous.

(Nope, I do not use drugs:D)
My photos

My Videos