SkydiveStMarys

Morbid Question

. . . feels better to be ashes than worm food.

The initial pain of the incineration might be pretty intense for a few minutes, but I'm sure you get used to it.

I don't think being eaten slowly over a period of - well - forever - would feel so good.

Plus - if you have the right people that are in charge of your estate when you expire, you get to fly around forever after you are set to the sky.

. . . unless it's raining during the ash dive[:/], of course.:ph34r:
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

if you have the right people that are in charge of your estate when you expire, you get to fly around forever after you are set to the sky.

In my case that would mean Bong Hits for everybody!

Even after all these years there still has to be enough residue in my bones to get everyone China high!;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

When a body is cremated there are a lot more ashes than one would expect.

About the size and weight of a large brick.

Wow, better make that "multiple douche bags"

Yeah..look in the mirror there 'Twiggy'...better get a Gross!;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Cremation is least expensive hands down (I worked in a graveyard and crematorium). :S

As for me, it depends on how old my kids are. Young like now, and I think I would want to be buried in a gravesite that they could visit if they need to. No ash dive...I think it would be cool if they released a big pouch of rose petals instead of ashes, if skydivers ever wanted to do anything for me anyway. :ph34r:

When the kids are older, it's up to my hubby. I don't care at all.
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

Who do I need to tell that I love them while I have the chance?

Chuck Norris:P

Chris

He already knows. If I told him, he'd kick my ass.

Chuck Norris couldn't kick a dead guys ass!:D
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I think I like this one the best Chuck! Definitely the most creative ... :S

As for me, I would want my family to do whatever with me they choose. Burials are neat I guess and so are headstones ... but all that seems so expensive. I would rather money be spent on friends gathering, relaxing, eating good food and telling stories.

Lately, (unfortunately) I have seen some beautiful urns for ashes. They can make these neat boxes and engrave your picture on it. Plus that way, you are in the box and your picture is there. Your family can keep you close even if they move, you are mobile and they will always have something to go to to reflect on and remember you by.

I would just want what was best for my family at that point, no matter what it was.
Roy Bacon: "Elvises, light your fires."

Sting: "Be yourself no matter what they say."

I think I like this one the best Chuck! Definitely the most creative ... :S

As for me, I would want my family to do whatever with me they choose. Burials are neat I guess and so are headstones ... but all that seems so expensive. I would rather money be spent on friends gathering, relaxing, eating good food and telling stories.

Lately, (unfortunately) I have seen some beautiful urns for ashes. They can make these neat boxes and engrave your picture on it. Plus that way, you are in the box and your picture is there. Your family can keep you close even if they move, you are mobile and they will always have something to go to to reflect on and remember you by.

I would just want what was best for my family at that point, no matter what it was.

I think, you make a good point. Whatever is best for the family. Hell, I'm not going to know... I'll be dead.:D

Chuck

"Your family can keep you close even if they move, you are mobile and they will always have something to go to to reflect on and remember you by."

Yes! This really bothers me. I have family buried all over the place and I can't go see them because their graves are far away. I always wondered if I was strange because I feel that if I had a close family member pass away and buried close to me (the other graves that I mentioned, well they died when I was young) say like me kids or SO, I could NEVER move away...I know, I know...its just a grave, just their body, not who they "really" are, but I still would feel some kind of attachment to it. It bothers me that no one checks on my grand parents graves (years and years ago when I was a child I remember my parents visiting their graves and the tomb stones were caving in on the plot:o). It REALLY bothers me, just out of respect, check on the damn grave!>:(

Bobbi
A miracle is not defined by an event. A miracle is defined by gratitude.

It REALLY bothers me, just out of respect, check on the damn grave!>:(

Bobbi

Same here... but then I think about how since I've moved out of Wisconsin, how I haven't visited the family sites all that often... and how in disrepeair they looked....

And I think about the difference between obligation and desire. I don't want anyone to feel committed to keeping it looking nice, but it would be nice to have people visit.

Thats a tough situation your in Karen, and one that I don't envy.[:/]

I asked to go to my grandparents grave on the last visit to Philly and my Mom said, "I'm not even sure I would be able to find it." and my dad said, "whats the point, they are dead?"

That bummed me out.[:/] I just wanted to go and "see". ya know?:(

Bobbi
A miracle is not defined by an event. A miracle is defined by gratitude.

Use all the usable pieces. If enough is left over adn the family can deal with it, use the rest for dissection practice. Cremate whatever is left when done, unless there's something that takes less space and energy by then.

I agree with this, especially using all the usable pieces. If I'm dead & gone, and something in my body can save someone else's life, take it! Cremate whatever is left ... I'd rather someone special have the ashes with them, than for them to have to travel to my grave & maintain it.

One who looks for a friend without faults will have none. -- Hasidic Saying