RkyMtnHigh

Musicians in da house?

guitarist/singer

I write but I am in a major dry spell.
haven't been in a band since I joined the A.F.
I don't have the time. I either need to spend all my timejumping or playing in a band.

I can bringmy guitar to the DZbut I can't skydive into a gig[:/]
My photos

My Videos

At ECSC memorial day beach boogie, I was VERY impressed with the talent on guitar from RastaRicanAir and others...they were waaaay mmore talented than I expected...not only with their guitar but also vocals...I loved every minute of their display of talent!

I've chatted with rastarican, in threads, about jamming if we ever meet.

I've gotten supremely lazy in my playing in the recent years. It's been like musical masterbation...I've only been playing with myself.:o
My photos

My Videos

I've been in bands. Back when I was living in LA, I was gigging - mainly blues. But I played some metal, rock, etc. People always were taken aback by me shredding becaus I don't look like a metal guy - more of a geek than Rick Nielsen (Cheap Trick).

I also play bass and mandolin and a little piano. Been learning the banjo (squeal like a pig). However, I've traditionally ben the one member of my band without a microphone - my voice sucks...

My wife is hotter than your wife.

i work WITH a lot of musicians bands and singer/songwriters - helping them get out there - if that counts for anything :)
"life does throw curveballs sometimes but it doesn't mean we shouldn't still swing for the homerun" ~ me

Guitar, Harmonica and Trumpet.

I've written a handful of songs for guitar, although they're not that good. Never written anything major for trumpet, either.

I play guitar with another jumper and we've performed a little bit at DZ gatherings and such. Nothing major. I played lead trumpet in a jazz band in college for a few years.

Right now I would kill to be in a jazz band again. Or even to blow harp in a blues band. My guitar isn't really good enough to play any real gigs besides some DZ sing along stuff. Then again, I've played guitar for all of 4 years and not that dedicatedly, but I've played trumpet for 15 and harmonica for 10.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Guitar and bass. Some baack-up singing. Did some drums on a forced-to-stand-in basis for the country band. Bands when I was younger. Rock and Country. Only for fun now. My '59 Gibson SG is my all-time lover. I have it here at the DZ and blast away all I want because the nearest neighbors are 1/2 mile away.

Played a couple of times with Robbie at DZ events and enjoy that though it is hard to get any of the spotlight with him around.:D:D

I also play trumpet and clarinet although not since years ago. I can remember hating to practice but my Dad forced me to and I am SOOOOO glad of it now. Some of my most memorable times revolved around music in some way.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Keyboards/piano. I've been in a few bands, mainly at churches playing contemporary worship music. Was in a fun band in college too. I really enjoyed my time in bands and hope to get involved again soon. Also, I write lyrics on occasion, but haven't taken the time to do it in a while.

One who looks for a friend without faults will have none. -- Hasidic Saying

I prefer to sing though. All genres really.

I'd LOVE to really be able to belt a note.

Sadly I can not.:D

I have a nice choir voice. Unfortunately for everyone else that is NOT the voice I use when I sing to every commercial that comes on in the background.:D

I will give myself this---I sing Gin Blossoms' "Hey Jealousy" a'ight.:P I have kind of a lower, scratchy voice and not much range and I love that song so it suits me well.:D
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

Real musicians find themselves finding music in every walk of life and culture that speaks to them and motivates them musically.

Of course:)

Also very few musicians play "all genres" of music unless I'm misunderstanding what you mean.
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.