ryguy

Larsen & Brusgaard Customer Service

I bought an Altitrack about 2 months ago and recently the housing cracked.I really have no idea how this happened as I am very careful with my Alti.

Below is the e-mail conversation I had with them.

[I]Larsen & Brusgaard

I bought this altitrack new about 2 months ago from the Sunshine Factory in Florida. I have used it for 21 jumps. I do not recall dropping it or hitting it against anything though it is possible I did, but did not realize it at the time. As you can see from the picture the housing is cracked. Is this something that would be covered under warranty? If not can it be fixed and how much would it cost to fix?

Thanks for the help.

Ryan Anderson[/I]

Their Response

[I]Hello Ryan,

I am sorry to hear about the problem with your Altitrack. It's the first
time we see a cracked casing...

Please give me your mailing address and we shall send one new Altitrack
immediately, free of charge. In the meantime, please return the broken unit.

Best regards,
Mads Larsen

LARSEN & BRUSGAARD
Mosevej 3
4070 Kirke Hyllinge
DENMARK

Phone +45 4648 2480
Fax: +45 4648 2490
[email protected]
www.L-and-B.dk
[url]

Talk about great customer service...they are willing to send me a new alti even before they get my cracked one. I was so happy with their response I am definitely going to get a new optima that I have been thinking of purchasing for awhile.

Search the threads, L&B's customer service is top notch. I thought the wrist strap on my Altitrack was too long and they were more than happy to custom make one for me, free of charge.

(I know I could have cut it, sewed and melted the strap, but I saw one that someone else had done themselves and it didn't look so good.)

I think I've gotten the best customer service ever from them. I was having problems with my jumptrack software. It turns out it was the USB track that wasn't working. They sent me a new one free of charge. It got here very quickly as well. I deffinately plan on doing business with them again in the future.

In the YouTube interview, this was the first point mentioned; L&B has the best customer service I've ever seen. Simply amazing.
Altitrack, ProDytter, Jumptrak Optima from them. All have had one issue or another. All have been dealt with incredibly fast, and they're halfway around the world.

I love my Altitrack; it is nice to hear that if it ever has problems they have such great customer service. Both my Alti and my Audible are going strong though, so I am just going to have to take your word for it. :ph34r:

"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

i'll play: back in march i was in a rush , they had made the "head to the plane now" call, and i put my Viso on before my rig. i caught my Viso on the shoulder strap while putting the rig on. the casing broke apart and wouldn't snap back together. i emailed L&B asking about repairs Mads replied to send it to them and they'd fix or replace it at no cost. they didn't even ask me to cover return postage. all around a great experience.
diamonds are a dawgs best friend

L&B Rock!! I always advise people to buy from them. I really have no idea if their product is superior (although I am personally a satisfied customer), but when you buy one of their products you are certain to get the best no-hassle insurance plan EVER rolled into the cost.

I once e-mailed them because I was having trouble with my protrack (of 6 years and 1200 jumps) going through batteries at a fast rate. They asked me what batteries I was using-- found out I was not using the type that they recommend. So, basically it was my fault. However, they asked for my address and about 2 days later I got an express package from them with about TWENTY sets of new batteries for FREE!!

I passed those free batteries around to everyone at the dropzone with an L&B product and still had a bunch leftover.

"Life is a temporary victory over the causes which induce death." - Sylvester Graham

This is exactly why i own a Pro Track, Optima and also why i was willing to wait 8 months for a Viso.
Their products are great, the customer service is awesome. I just wish that there where more companies like them...
Some dream of flying, i live the dream...

OK, heres MY experience. I am 75% satisfied with costumer service....
My protrack was eating up my batteries in 2 weekends. Unit set at ECO, volume LOW and using the recommended batteries. I emailed L&B and got this:

Hello,
I am sorry to hear about the problem with your Pro-Track.
Please contact our US Service center "101 Skydive and L&B USA" at
[email protected]

Phone: (386) 738 0354
Best regards,

Mads Larsen

Emailed the US contact, and waited like a month. Emailed them again and got this reply:

Hi,
I'm sorry to hear about your Pro-Dytter/Pro-Track, but I'll be happy to help you!

Here is how we do it: You send in the unit to me: Ulla Berger /101skydive, 1445 Pine Pl., Deland,
FL. 32720, along with a check for $35.00. This is to cover the charge for
check/clean/repair/replacement and shipping. The way it works is this: there is a $10.00 fee for us
to take inn and check, test and clean the unit, we have a $20.00 charge for repair/replacement, and
$5.00 for shipping (USPS) and handling. If the unit is repairable we will do so, if not we will
simply send you a new unit (unless the unit is badly damaged from neglect), no extra charge other
than what you have already paid. If your unit and the problem with your unit, is covered by the
limited warranty, we will return your check with the unit, so if you think that is the case, we need
the original receipt (or a copy of it) as well, of course we will make sure you get your receipt
back with the unit!

We can usually ship the unit back within 2-3 weekdays.

I hope this helps you, if you should have any further questions or if you should need any help or
information regarding a L. & B. product at a later date, or maybe you'll need batteries, clips,
spare parts etc., we will be happy to assist you in any way we can!

Please let us know how we can help, by contacting [email protected]

When sending in units, please enclose your return address and a letter describing the problem the
unit is having.

Check must be made out to: U.Berger

I sent them the bad unit with the $35 check last week...
Its not bad service, but you all been gettin it better. I spent like $65 in batteries and now $35 more. In my case, it was not the "no questions asked and get some free stuff" deal.

Anyway, Im satisfied with the product but not 100% with costumer service. You sold me a bad product, you should replace without charging me more, and thats it. Lets see if the return my check....
HISPA #93
DS #419.5