AggieDave

College Football: Week1

As long as OSU beats Michigan I could care less about this season. As long as we are #1 thats even better. :)

You can't be #1 when UT beats ya! :)

Texas is going to get owned.

No disrespect to Texas, but their quarterback has yet to lead his team into a game of this magnitude. OSU's QB has the decided edge. However, I'm not going to predict anything, because like Lindercles said, I'd probably be wrong! :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

No disrespect to Texas, but their quarterback has yet to lead his team into a game of this magnitude.

Could someone clarify something for me? I heard something in passing about the t.u. QB getting arrested on Monday. I didn't hear anything else or see anything else about it, did that actually happen? If it did, suck it up texas!

I have two favorite teams. Texas A&M and anyone playing t.u.

B|
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

No disrespect to Texas, but their quarterback has yet to lead his team into a game of this magnitude. OSU's QB has the decided edge.

You make a good point. But another thing to consider is that OSU's defense is young, with not very many returning starters. On the other hand, the quarterback position is the only question for the UT offense. Every other position is deep and experienced. We've got one of the best O lines in the country.

Truth is, it's going to be an excellent game, and (as long as I'm speaking honestly) it's going to be a toss up. I'll be happy as long as it's a good game.

That said, OHIO STATE SUCKS! HOOK 'EM!!!!!!!!!!

:D:D:D

Ok, so what I heard is that the t.u. QB, CB and most of the defensive line have been arrested by Williamson County SO for living in austin and traveling into Williamson County.

(quasi-local-inside-joke)

But as long as we're talking about football indiscretions, well, people in glass houses, my friend...

People in glass houses sink ships...

Right?

Atleast that's what that movie about the Irish brothers taught me.:D

No disrespect to Texas, but their quarterback has yet to lead his team into a game of this magnitude. OSU's QB has the decided edge.

You make a good point. But another thing to consider is that OSU's defense is young, with not very many returning starters. On the other hand, the quarterback position is the only question for the UT offense. Every other position is deep and experienced. We've got one of the best O lines in the country.

Truth is, it's going to be an excellent game, and (as long as I'm speaking honestly) it's going to be a toss up. I'll be happy as long as it's a good game.

That said, OHIO STATE SUCKS! HOOK 'EM!!!!!!!!!!

:D:D:D

You're right.... with a great supporting cast, a new quarterback can breathe a bit easier, and let the plays happen.

Alabama's got a new starting quarterback this year but boy am I glad we have him, despite losing Croyle last year. John Parker Wilson, a sophomore, could be damn good in the next year or so. Our offensive line is much improved. Defense is younger but very fast. If we could improve our play selection on offense, we could actually beat teams by 20 and 30 points, not 3, 7 or 10 points...

Wilson won two state championships at Hoover High School, which is now featured on MTV's Two-A-Days this fall, and Hoover is currently the #1 ranked high school in the nation where his younger brother QB's the team. So I know he can handle the pressure of the big-time. Get the nation's #1 offensive lineman recruit, Andre Smith, a true freshman starter, up to speed, and he'll be better than Chris Samuels was in 1999 (never allowed a QB sack and blocked for Shaun Alexander, who is last year's NFL MVP).

Alabama is finally fully loaded for the first time in several years, so I'm anxious to see how we do in the next few weeks, but the road schedule is a killer. Everybody's saying watch for Bama next year anyway.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Yeah and what about those Dogs!!!:)B|

Bobbi

I am a huge Dawg fan. I am go to almost every game. As a matter of fact I am headed to Augusta tomorrow night for the "Border Bash" then Columbia Saturday morning only to be surrounded by "dirty cocks"...

Anyway, personally, I think we are ranked way too high. I am nervous about this game. I think our "D" will keep us in it, but Joe T has yet to impress me. He throws a weak ball. However, Stafford's arm looked strong, but I am not sure a true freshmen can learn the offense and lead the team through the SEC.

Oh, and to you Hambone, I thought Cal looked like CRAP! Tennessee looked better than last year, but by no means "world beaters". I attribute 100% of that to the return of David Cutcliff (someone I wouldn't mind seeing standing next to Mark Richt).

I love this time of year!!! College football is the only sport I follow this closely...

Goudha is for Buddha, and that's good enough for me!

Sucks? Are you kidding, that's the best game I've seen in a while. t.u. players were getting upset and ripping face masks and doing what they do best...

t.u. got what they deserved in that game, can A&M beat them this year? Who knows, we'll see, but that was a fun game to watch.

A&M cleaned up their defense in their game and continued to build their offense. Things finally got to the point where Coach Fran was calling students out of the stands to try to throw a pass just for fun.:P Of course it was Oh-La-La, so it wasn't going to be a big game anyways. The rest of the schedule is reasonably hard the rest of the year, as it is every year in the Big 12. Which is unlike other conferences where they have one or two powerhouse teams and that's it.

The rest of the schedule is reasonably hard the rest of the year, as it is every year in the Big 12. Which is unlike other conferences where they have one or two powerhouse teams and that's it.

Here's one of those "other conferences", with only "one or two" good teams (top 25 teams are in bold).

Alabama
Arkansas
Auburn
Florida
Georgia
Kentucky
Louisiana State
Mississippi
Mississippi State
South Carolina
Tennessee
Vanderbilt

Here's your Big 12 (again with top 25 teams in bold).

Baylor
Colorado
Iowa State
Kansas
Kansas State
Missouri
Nebraska
Oklahoma
Oklahoma State
Texas
Texas A&M
Texas Tech

You want to retract that statement? Or you want to start a real argument about it? :P
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Oh, and to you Hambone, I thought Cal looked like CRAP! Tennessee looked better than last year, but by no means "world beaters". I attribute 100% of that to the return of David Cutcliff (someone I wouldn't mind seeing standing next to Mark Richt). .

Air Force scared the fuck out of the Vols... Vols won at home 31 - 30... Damn... Don't know what to make of those Vols yet. Apparently AF exploited some weakness...

ND beating the fuck out of Penn State was a surprise.

Georgia shutting South Carolina out was a surprise.

Alabama squeaking by Vanderbilt was no surprise... damn the offensive coordinator! Thank god for Leigh Tiffin.... like father, like son. Anybody remember Van Tiffin's 52 yard FG as time expired to beat Auburn in 1985? Van's son Leigh kicked the game winning 47 yarder, though it wasn't at the end of the game.

You want to retract that statement? Or you want to start a real argument about it?

Nope, not going to retract my statement. I'll state to look at the history of the confrences and the teams there in, as well as our long and previous conversations here about the BCS and their ranking structure.

You say that implying that a schedule that includes Nebraska, Texas, OU, Tech, etc is an easy schedule. Sure the past 5 years have been hit and miss through the Big 12, but look at the history of really strong programs in a majority of the Big 12 schools. The only reason why more Big 12 schools aren't champions is due to playing in the Big 12 and the worthless BCS polling. Or are you trying to state the the BCS has a perfect system of competition and its completely fair in its rankings?

Of course Baylor doesn't count, even though once in a while they'll pull one off.:P

Anyways, I'm running on about 36hrs with about 2hrs of sleep, so I'll continue this conversation tomorrow evening or Monday.:)