2shay

what ya jump?

Talon : my 1st rig, use it for wingsuiting and for "special" jumps because I have my bigger easier canopy inside. Like it alot.

Wings : my 1st NEW rig, like it alot too. Got it because : it is a nice rig, as many of the modern rigs, had a very interesting price, a good production time and the reseller here is a good friend of mine.
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

wings, only put 3 jumps on it so far but its so comfy its like having a pillow strapped to my back, i like the pin-protection, the look, and how riggers say 'good choice!' when they see it :P

not so sure about the reserve handle though, i like them a bit bigger, cant get much more than my thumb in the current one

Wings because I could put a 193 reserve with a 190 main. (And I swapped out reserve handles since the low profile handle was a little too low pro for me as well Yossarian. Call them, they'll take care of you.) Love my Wings. It fits me nice, is comfy, keeps nice and tight in a sit, has great reserve pc launch, and looks pretty. :P

My first rig was a Dolphin, and it was great for what I bought it for - my first set of jumps off of student status when I was stepping down through canopy sizes, getting comfortable being my own skydiver, and deciding what size and style canopy I wanted to jump "for real", as in pay the money for brand new, freefly friendly gear.

I voted "other". I jump an old Vector II, bought used just after I got my A license. It was inexpensive, airworthy and fit me.

After the house sells, I will use a bit of the proceeds to buy a new container, which will be a Wings. I've heard nothing but good things about Wings (except the reserve handle comments here).

Vector 3 for the obvious reasons (NOT looks!) and a Reflex because one came along at the right time and place when I was looking for a first rig.

Turns out I was sort of suckered by an insane rigger (he was the cause of a reflex service bulletin) who had a reflex for sale. Not a terrible deal, but the reserve was a 120 and I had about 40 jumps. Been using the Reflex lately as a backup rig... I don't mind the container but my neck doesn't appreciate the PD150 main with a camera helmet.

Tried to sell the reflex a long time ago, but it's pretty much not sellable. Experienced jumpers don't want reflexes, and newbies don't want 120 reserves. MIGHT be able to sell it if I put a bigger optimum reserve in it, but at this point I like having a second rig. Just need to get me a better main for it.

Dave

Infinity, because my rigger helped design it and was a dealer for them, and because it's comfortable and light, and affordable. It has served me well for 9 years.

Why spend $2000+ for a Mirage when you can get a good container for less than half that?
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Man, I hope my reserve handle comment isn't taken as a negative. Everyone has different preferences, and it was just too small for my big hands (and gloves for cold weather). I wasn't completely comfortable with how small it seemed to me, so Sunrise switched it out for me no problem.

I see where they're coming from offering a more low profile reserve handle - I've heard people get grumpy about other manufacturers low pro handles being to big.

The regular Wings reserve handle is nice - it's big enough for a nervous nellie like me but not a monster like you see on some of the student rigs or older rigs.

I won a Vector 1 1/2,
Talon 2, 1985 Mirage, Swift 2 and a Racer, but only the Talon and Vector are packed right now.

The Talon2 was free when I worked at Rigging Innovations.
The Vector I was my favorite color: free. So I updated it to Vector II standards and stuffed my old square reserve into it.
My old Mirage has been on-the-shelf because I am too cheap to pay for a two-pin Cypres.
The Swift 2 will probably get repacked before the Racer.
The Racer is large enough for my Para-Foil, but I will have to re-size the harness in my spare time (cue boisterous laughter).

There are non-US rig manufacturers out there, ya know :)

Over this side of the pond, you're much more likely to see

Vortex
Atom
Teardrop
NeXT

than most of those you mention. And don't even get me started on the Russkies! ;)

(Back on topic tho, I jump an Icon because it was what my instructors suggested when I was shopping (the fact that one of them traded his Vector3 for one impressed me, I'll admit). Now I know a bit more about my gear I'm happy with what I bought, and will probably buy another one when it's time.)
--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?

I have my mind set on a mirage or a vector3.
Mostly because they are some awesome rigs and i am tired of seeing everyone jump javelin and javelin odyssey at my local dropzone here in Denmark.

Don't get me wrong javelin is an awesome rig too, but i just think it boring to look like the others.

Not that i will be shopping for gear anytime soon, but i have a good idea of what i will choose.

Blue skies.

Nicolai