grue

How long has it been since your last jump?

Anyway, it's only 6-10 weeks until I move back to Australia, where I'll have a PAC an hour away. On the down side, I have to buy a fucking AAD now.

On the plus side: it'll be coming into summer, and the folks at Naggers are damn fine. I can introduce you to some of them.

Stop feeling sorry for yourself princess - you'll be back in the land of VB, Utes, and AFL soon enough :)

grue, man.....just come to California...we can handle you in NorCal. There is Byron, Davis, Lodi, Hollister and Monterey all with turbines...

I didn't even have any of this "73 days" nonesense last winter over here.

I did. 3.5 hours of driving is hard for me to want to do for the chance the clouds will break. Though I almost made it at one point at Byron, but the skies closed up.

I fell out of currency last week, but it's going to be a while still for me. Can't get my left arm into even a tight tucked belly yet.

7 months and counting

I just don't have the money, and I wonder where everyone else seems to find it.

Travel, Gas, Gear, Jumps, Coaching...I don't have the $ for any of it.

Seems like every month I read another letter in the Parachutist about someone else dropping due to cost. I keep telling myself as long as I pay for the membership, take care of my gear, and genuinely want to come back - I'll get back in the air, someday.

As for the near term, I work M-F and often on the weekends. I don't see anything in my future other than work (and again, I wonder how others seem to have countless hours to spend at the DZ)

Good luck to you Grue, but I'd take 73 days over my 7 months in a heartbeat.

eat nothing but quesadillas and sell all your possessions they wont mean as much to you once you are hardcore in..

or pack parachutes

Dave
http://www.skyjunky.com

CSpenceFLY - I can't believe the number of people willing to bet their life on someone else doing the right thing.

Anyway, it's only 6-10 weeks until I move back to Australia, where I'll have a PAC an hour away. On the down side, I have to buy a fucking AAD now.

On the plus side: it'll be coming into summer, and the folks at Naggers are damn fine. I can introduce you to some of them.

Stop feeling sorry for yourself princess - you'll be back in the land of VB, Utes, and AFL soon enough :)

Yup, I'm looking forword to coming back in a big way. I'm sure my dad's going to love me basically living at the DZ while I'm "looking for a job" until I run out of money :D
cavete terrae.

10 months and 10 days:(

i had rotator cuff surgery in Nov '05
then the damn thing got infected
so more surgery in the spring
it's gettin' better now ,,,
I think i can handle deployment,,,,
BUT I can't hold my right arm UP in order to safely deal with my toggles...YET....
soon though...:|;)
My RIG on the other hand has made about 50 jumps this year.:)on the back of one of my buddies whose gear was "gettin' tired"....
He called in the spring, asking if I knew of a rig for sale....
I said, " hell , man,, Just use Mine, it's a bigger main than yours and it has a cypres..."
he said, "thanks"...

Yup, I'm looking forword to coming back in a big way. I'm sure my dad's going to love me basically living at the DZ while I'm "looking for a job" until I run out of money :D

They have decent bunkhouses. If you're nice to Don+Louise that mightn't be a stretch at all.