grue

How long has it been since your last jump?

7 months and counting

I just don't have the money, and I wonder where everyone else seems to find it.

Travel, Gas, Gear, Jumps, Coaching...I don't have the $ for any of it.

Seems like every month I read another letter in the Parachutist about someone else dropping due to cost. I keep telling myself as long as I pay for the membership, take care of my gear, and genuinely want to come back - I'll get back in the air, someday.

As for the near term, I work M-F and often on the weekends. I don't see anything in my future other than work (and again, I wonder how others seem to have countless hours to spend at the DZ)

Good luck to you Grue, but I'd take 73 days over my 7 months in a heartbeat.
Does whisky count as beer? - Homer
There's no justice like angry mob justice. - Skinner
Be careful. There's a limited future in low pulls - JohnMitchell

Eight days.

Since the likelihood of me jumping at my own boogie this weekend is pretty slim, I think I'll get one in tomorrow.

Hey - you promised I could Blow Joe. So you gotta do at least ONE!:P:P
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

73 days >:(>:(>:(>:(>:(

grue, man.....just come to California...we can handle you in NorCal. There is Byron, Davis, Lodi, Hollister and Monterey all with turbines...

I didn't even have any of this "73 days" nonesense last winter over here.

Doesn't help much if I'm working so much I don't have time to jump, and that's the only way I could afford to live in NorCal.
cavete terrae.

I'm sure you find SOME job that paid enough and with a reasonable enough rent....you could rent a room from someone for less than $700/month SOMEWHERE in NorCal (Bay Area harder, but still possible).

You're just not trying hard enough. :P

It's very difficult to get a job in California from Iowa, and unless someone's willing to lend me, oh, $5k to cover my moving and living expenses while I look for a job...

Anyway, it's only 6-10 weeks until I move back to Australia, where I'll have a PAC an hour away. On the down side, I have to buy a fucking AAD now.
cavete terrae.