thrillstalker

Pre-education

i have only jumped once and that was tandem, but i am going to start aff on july 18th. im looking for some info about what i need to know before the actual training starts or any kind of tips to make things go smoothly. i have been watching youtube freefall videos to learn how to arch properly and also reading a lot of material including a ground school syllabus.

thanks
"Never grow a wishbone, where your backbone ought to be."

Best thing you can read at this point is the Skydiver's Information Manual.

Read online, download/print, or order here (your DZ probably has copies for sale as well):

http://www.uspa.org/SIM.aspx
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Reading the SIM is a good idea, but the fact is, the tandem you did gives you more experience and information than most AFF students start with. Concentrate on one jump at a time and don't over-think it; just do it. Have fun.
You don't have to outrun the bear.

I agree with reading the SIM. Start reading it now and keep reading it through AFF and as you work on your A. It'll help you prepare for the AFF levels and reinforce what you learn throughout AFF. Keep reviewing and it'll help you with the whole A-license process as well as make you more confident with jumping all around. I just finished my A and I'm still reading it.
Andy
I'll believe it when I see it on YouTube!

...Keep reviewing and it'll help you with the whole A-license process as well as make you more confident with jumping all around. I just finished my A and I'm still reading it.

Popsjumper just loves this idea and has a great respect for you and your desire to learn. Keep up the good stuff.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239