katiebear21

My husband bought me a new iPOD... download tips?

He just doesn't know it yet!:D

Chuck's not good with the whole gift-giving thing which really works to my advantage because I always get what I want! So, I ordered a new 60G iPOD online Friday (my birthday isn't until November - small details) and got it in the mail today. Can't wait to order some cool accessories!B|

Anyone have any good music download tips?

Katie
Get your PMS glass necklace here

The iPod is pretty dummy-proof, my biggest challenge was loading my CD collection onto my iPod...that took a while, over 2000 songs, I've downloaded a few things onto it. It's pretty simple.

I recommend some "external" style headphones (not the earbuds). Sony makes some good ones. ;)
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

He just doesn't know it yet!:D

Chuck's not good with the whole gift-giving thing which really works to my advantage because I always get what I want! So, I ordered a new 60G iPOD online Friday (my birthday isn't until November - small details) and got it in the mail today. Can't wait to order some cool accessories!B|

Anyone have any good music download tips?

IMHO, the best thing you can do with an iPOD is get rid of iTunes. I have a Video, well I had one, sold it and I have a shuffle. iTunes was horrible for both.

I found great success with this: http://www.redchairsoftware.com/anapod/

If you dig around for reviews you'll see they are overwhelming positive. Here's their comparison chart: http://www.redchairsoftware.com/anapod/ctable.php

I hate to be a 'fanboy' of some software, but I highly reccomend anapod if you're an ipod owner/user.
Does whisky count as beer? - Homer
There's no justice like angry mob justice. - Skinner
Be careful. There's a limited future in low pulls - JohnMitchell

I have a 20 gb black and white 4th generation I-Pod (Old school now). I have about 1500 songs on it. Most of them are Cd's that i ripped. That took a while. I've used Itunes the whole time. Not really any big problems. But I think Anapod is basically drag and drop which is really easy. Have fun.

My husband bought me a new iPOD... download tips?

:D:D:D:o

I'm sorry Katie....

I KNOW you didn't mean it that way, but reading the subject line reminded me of a girl I knew that wanted a new car...got an X-box instead...she divorced or 'downloaded' the hubby!:D:D:D

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I know you can't please all of the people all of the time but I've been happy with iTunes since v 1.0. Does everything I need it for....and then some. I'd use it for a while and explore its features before dumping it.

If you're not familiar, here's an overview of its features.

One of the newest features in iTunes 7 (which was just released a week ago) is the ability to backup your music...your entire library, songs added since your last complete backup, purchased music only....and it will automatically span DVDs if your backup is larger than the media you use for your backup. Doesn't seem like a big thing but when you consider how much time you spend ripping CDs, downloading music and how much you may spend buying music this is a great feature.

Anyway, my advice isn't to ditch iTunes until you have fully explored its capabilities and find it doesn't work for you. I think it is a great piece of software. ymmv

Enjoy your new iPod!!
:)
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

are you asking how to get the music into your ipod?

if your looking for a place to get music. BITTORRENT

Is that one of those sites that will get you massive spyware? I don't have an IPOD, but am currently learning how to edit video on my computer and need to download some music for dubbing videos. I'm not *that* concerned about having to pay for it, but I'd rather it be free when possible, and I really need it to be in whatever format will let me play with it in Adobe Premiere. Plus, I'll probably buy an IPOD soon, so it should work with that too. Any suggestions for where to go, and more importantly what to avoid?

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

the ability to backup your music...your entire library, songs added since your last complete backup, purchased music only....

Some of us have legal MP3s that weren't purchased through iTunes, so that leaves us holding our hats with iTunes.[:/]
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Dave,

Music downloaded from the iTunes store won't work on Premiere...unless you burn it to a cd as an AIFF file and then reimport it...this process removes the DRM copy protection.

Just so ya know B|
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

the ability to backup your music...your entire library, songs added since your last complete backup, purchased music only....

Some of us have legal MP3s that weren't purchased through iTunes, so that leaves us holding our hats with iTunes.[:/]

AggieDave, do they have DRM on them? Can you do the burn to an AIFF routine or equivalent that you have to do to remove the DRM from iTunes purchased music?

Murray
--
Murray