NWFlyer

It's True, Cessna Boogies Are No Fun At All

Sweet, lookin forward to setting sale!! Yes Sarah is awesome indeed, I owed her a day for being so cool so we did our own thing Sunday. By the way was that fire still burning in the morning? :D When you ladies ordered me to get the fire going did you see how quick I snapped to attention? :ph34r: I have at least the Byron boogie left this year so maybe I see some more folks then and after meeting the ATL licious ladies I now know that Georgia DZ's a a must do destination in the Spring...

-Seb

That fire was impressive! B| Great to see you again, Seb, and finally jump with you, too!
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

What pretty pictures! That looks like a gorgeous location. Glad you guys had fun. :)

but they keep saying they didn't have fun...

Honestly between you and me... I think they're all lying... :D:D:D

That's funny because I didn't read most posts in this thread. I clicked on the "sunset" attachments and posted based on those pics. :D Had a nice weekend myself, so I assumed others also had fun. Looks like I was right. ;)

That's funny because I didn't read most posts in this thread. I clicked on the "sunset" attachments and posted based on those pics. :D Had a nice weekend myself, so I assumed others also had fun. Looks like I was right. ;)

I agree it looks like an awesome location... B| and sounds like people had a blast... :)
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

I had the weirdest dream last night that there was this boogie with all these really cool new people I had finally got to meet in person ……… then the dream got wet …… then there was this donkey …. And I woke feeling I wish the dream had lasted a little longer ……. Not sure how to interpret the symbolism of the donkey in the dream …….

Really miss you ALL ……… Lisa you rock and I owe you huge for a much needed weekend …. Can’t wait to see and jump with all of you again

For those of you who were planning to go to the Star Farms Boogie and bailed when the scheduled turbine fell through ... well, I guess I can understand that, since we had no fun at all. Zip, zilch, nada.[:/]

I bailed because of the lack of plane. I'm sorry, call me the Turbine Snob. I'm glad you had a blast.

:)

You can't see it very well in this pic... but I have a distinct hoof print on my foot :|

It's okay, Beth, it was all a dream after all.:P
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

By the way , where is Star Farms ?

It is in Paso Robles, CA. There used to be a DZ on the Paso Robles airport, but it got shut down at some point (the locals can fill in the details if they want ;)). Star Farms is a private property and the owner allows occasional jumps in there, so we took it over for the weekend, thanks to the great organizational skills of skybytch.B|

It looks like it was awesome. I can't wait to be able to meet and jump with some of the great people I know through DZ.com. I'd be overwhelmed by a huge boogie, but this smaller scale one looked so freaking perfect!!! Please can I be invited next time?

:)

I bailed because of the lack of plane. I'm sorry, call me the Turbine Snob. I'm glad you had a blast.

It's okay. Those who go to boogies primarily to bang out jumps would not have enjoyed this one.

If we ever do it again, we'll probably go with a Cessna again (maybe two, just to make the wait time a bit less). The logistics of getting people to the airport in time to turn a turbine are tough, the location really isn't big enough to handle the number of jumpers required to keep a turbine turning and I don't know many people who'd be willing/can afford to risk the kind of money it takes in ferry fees and minimums to get a turbine there.

Besides, most turbine snobs are swoopers. The pond would be a bit too tempting for most of them. :P