Calvin19

Withdrawal

Or you can begin planning a movie about recovery from a devastating brain injury. Something that's not from Hollywood.

:)
Its actualy been in the works, i have several investors that have thrown a lot of money at us (pre-crash) but now seem even more interested.
Worry not, when it does come together, hollywood will not know what hit them.

-SPACE-

tried that 2 weeks ago. i shot somebody.

i really hope you aren't serious.

well, no,
i shot my girlfreind, she was keeping me from the Oxicontin. no worries though, it was a 22short round from a pistol, it just bounced off her skull. luckaly,

;)

so yeah, i didnt shoot anybody. but the anxiety makes me want to.

i know it's not the same thing, but i am going through similar. i've been a smoker for almost 20 years - since i was 10 years old. i quit cold turkey 5 days ago. i really should be in a room with padded walls, no sharp objects, and lots of anti-depressants. i'm ready to freakin kill someone. all my friends have been wonderful, but i can't help but feel like they are getting the ass end of this. i WILL NOT smoke again, but holy shit dude. I finally just went during lunch and bought the patch - after falling into a black hole of nic fit starting yesterday afternoon and lasting well intro the morning. so here i sit, with an unopneed box of patches on my desk staring me down, feeling like the biggest and weakest failure in the world for even considering using a crutch.

so shit... i don't know what's worse - your's or mine - i'm assuming your's but who knows. what i do know - is this shit SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!

Well Done

OxyCotin Should be pulled from the shelves it wrecks people. I'm glad you were able to beat it.

Oxycontin and Hydromorph contin are two powerful opioids (morphine) derivatives, that can lead to severe addiction. Withdrawal syndrom can be significant if you stop taking the drug cold turkey style. The physician should always decrease the dose, gradually, in order to minimize the withdrawal syndrom.

http://www.palliative.org/PC/ClinicalInfo/PCareTips/ISSUE%2017.pdf

Yves.

dude pm me I can help. OCs took be to a very bad place. I have many ave.s for you to take. The physically shit is a piece of cake the depression could drive you mad.

1. SUBOXONE- the miracle drug
2. Cold turkey with Thomas recipe
3. need to get active and I mean your brain more than your body.
4. Get your self some nonaddictive sleeping meds because your not going to sleep for a couple of weeks.
5. The biggest secret is a hottub and or shower because your going to anck and have some cold sweets. Get some extra sheets for your bed.
Track high, Pull LOW!!!

dude pm me I can help. OCs took be to a very bad place. I have many ave.s for you to take. The physically shit is a piece of cake the depression could drive you mad.

1. SUBOXONE- the miracle drug
2. Cold turkey with Thomas recipe
3. need to get active and I mean your mine more than your body.
4. Get your self some nonaddictive sleeping meds because your not going to sleep for a couple of weeks.
5. The biggest secret is a hottub and or shower because your going to ack and have some cold sweets. Get some extra sheets for your bed.

I was responding to DavidST's post.

Back in april, i was on Hydromorph contin, for about a month. I know the side effects of that shit...[:/]

Yves.

I just have to wonder. While you were hospitalized, how much did you complain about pain? Usually pain medications are given for pain. It would be best to start with less rather than more, and work up until pain relief is achieved. Oxycontin is Oxycodone is Percocet....certainly not the most potent pain reliever. And by no stretch is it "essentially heroin" unless you chew it or snort it....and then it's only a second-rate substitute. But you have to work a little to make it that.

Pain medications can be addictive. If there's not a complaint of pain, then they shouldn't be given. If a patient says that pain is controlled with less, then less should be given. If a patient is in agony on less, then there's nothing wrong with giving more. Some people become addicted. Most don't. What was your role in the picture? Did you complain about pain and ask for pain relief? OxyContin is taken by mouth....not given through an IV. Usually pain medication isn't given by mouth without a patient's agreement.

You're obviously angry. I'm just curious about the rest of the story.

linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

5. The biggest secret is a hottub and or shower because your going to anck and have some cold sweets. Get some extra sheets for your bed.

i hear that.;) i slept in my shower for an hour every morning for 4 months because i couldnt sleep at night. i almost bought a bigger hot water heater.

-SPACE-

I just have to wonder. While you were hospitalized, how much did you complain about pain?

You're obviously angry. I'm just curious about the rest of the story.

linz

I was in a coma bro, thats why i hate doctors. they started me on that shit, and i NEVER would have taken ANY morphedemines IE Codne ever had i been awake. I spent three months in the hospital. brain was pretty injured. but the pain? my legs were destroyed, i crashed in febuary 6th, and got cleared to walk for the first time a week ago. granted, i have been BASE jumping for the last 3 months, and walking for 4, leg is better than it would have been if i would have stayed in my wheelchair. FUCK doctors. all they do is cover their ass. i didnt complain much in the hospital.

-SPACE-

I just have to wonder. While you were hospitalized, how much did you complain about pain? Usually pain medications are given for pain. It would be best to start with less rather than more, and work up until pain relief is achieved. Oxycontin is Oxycodone is Percocet....certainly not the most potent pain reliever.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Hey Doc......i'm gonna argue this one with you.
A lot of you dont know me...I bounced in 96 and broke bunches of stuff.....the worst part was the crushing fractures of the spine,,,,they dont get better, just worse.
As for painkillers....I have had ALL of them.
I was given , at one time, Oxycontin....I swear to god, this shit was made by the devil.
I was in terrible pain but being fucked up on Oxycontin was worse by far.
That is the worse stuff ever created., and very unlike percocet...which is mild. IMHO
As it is ,I do ......mandatory.....1500 mgs of Vicodin just to sleep at nite.
Oxycontin= bad

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.

I just have to wonder. While you were hospitalized, how much did you complain about pain? Usually pain medications are given for pain. It would be best to start with less rather than more, and work up until pain relief is achieved. Oxycontin is Oxycodone is Percocet....certainly not the most potent pain reliever.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Hey Doc......i'm gonna argue this one with you.
A lot of you dont know me...I bounced in 96 and broke bunches of stuff.....the worst part was the crushing fractures of the spine,,,,they dont get better, just worse.
As for painkillers....I have had ALL of them.
I was given , at one time, Oxycontin....I swear to god, this shit was made by the devil.
I was in terrible pain but being fucked up on Oxycontin was worse by far.
That is the worse stuff ever created., and very unlike percocet...which is mild. IMHO
As it is ,I do ......mandatory.....1500 mgs of Vicodin just to sleep at nite.
Oxycontin= bad

I'm just curious. Not arguing with anyone. But I am interested in how the scenario went....

linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

[
I'm just curious. Not arguing with anyone. But I am interested in how the scenario went....

linz

Scenario ?

If you're taking OxyContin, you're taking it by mouth. I'm interested in how it progressed to addiction without a patient's awareness of or agreement to taking that medication. When you took it, didn't you know what you were taking? Did you make a choice to take it or not? Was it a step down from what you were taking before or what? I'm curious and interested. I may find myself trying to manage someone's pain one day who may not want his pain managed..... Good to know about how it's gone down for other folks. Know what I mean?

linz
--

If you're taking OxyContin, you're taking it by mouth. I'm interested in how it progressed to addiction without a patient's awareness of or agreement to taking that medication. When you took it, didn't you know what you were taking? Did you make a choice to take it or not? Was it a step down from what you were taking before or what? I'm curious and interested. I may find myself trying to manage someone's pain one day who may not want his pain managed..... Good to know about how it's gone down for other folks. Know what I mean?

linz

Somebody posted about Pain Management clinics in this thread. Thatrs where they sent me during rehab. They started me on a bunch of experimental stuff....so much so that over a period of time I developed allergies to most of them.
I ascended to Vicodin......same allergies developed, severe itching. Docs said lets try Oxycontin its this new miracle drug. By this time I had gone back to work with the bodycast on. I was running a department fucked up out of my gourd. People reminding me of conversations we had the day before that I had no clue of.
The worst part of this whole "scenario" was that I was out driving on this shit.
Morphine was out too.....worst of all the allergies.
So I live with Vic and try not to scratch my arms and face raw during the night.

bozo

my doc told me to check into a addiction clinick to get off oxi. i told him to go fuck his daughter (she is young and HOT) because i had her last night, and he is the sloppy seconds kinda fucker.

I bet these guys just love you. :o)

bozo

What would you suggest that a physician do to help you (or anyone with acute pain) manage your pain. The options are limited. There's acetaminophen, ibuprofen, naproxen.....a few slightly more powerful NSAIDs with their inherent risks....then narcotics. This is an issue that comes up more than once or twice a day. Physicians are kinda caught between a rock and a hard place too. Some refuse to give any narcotics because of these issues. People are left with pain. Others manage pain the best they can, and some people become addicted. It's difficult to hear people say "Fuck doctors," when it's a damn hard problem. I think most doctors work it out the best they can....

linz
--