HenryRobert

Argus missfiring

Hello, I must equip my new harness with a reliable and solid AAD.

I was not especially directed towards great classic, but more towards
one with recent technology.

I had in the idea to equip me with Argus, but I intended to say that a
argus had a missfire at 11500 ft the last w-e on the DZ of Spa.

I would like to have your opinion on this incident and the causes if
there is.

As I am not a fan of the forced flying under canopy and would like to make free fall at least 9800ft…

I would like to reçeive constructive consultings to be able to direct me towards a product which combines reliability, robustness and last technology.

Thank you and good jumps.

my dear friend ---- I think you will find this is just more politics and not a factual occurance.

However if it is a factual thing that is being reported I am sure that it will get a comment from someone who has registered longer and filled out the information on their profile.

I have brought it to the attention of Aviacom so if their is any truth in this claim I am sure that we will see information from them here otherwise it would apear to be just more BS
I like my canopy...

...it lets me down.

Was there a misfire ?

I was there all weekend long (first to last load) and did not hear about it.
We had some reserve rides, but none involving AAD for as far as I know ...

I might have missed this ... but it normally catches my attention

Wait the answer of Aviacom is the best tbings to do.

An Experimental unit of Aviacom activated last Sunday in Spa at an altitude of 3680m (12076ft).

The unit was installed in an Argus test-rig used by Mr. Goorts.

This model is not commercially available.

We do these tests for your safety.

William,
Argus

I don't know but plenty of eyewitnesses

Pieli;)

video ? proof that Vigil misfired ?

I am not advocating for/against anyone here..

Just trying to avoid the ridiculous bashing between belgian AAD's.

I jump Cypres's anyways. For the moment, I am a lifetime customer by them.
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

I would like to reçeive constructive consultings to be able to direct me towards a product which combines reliability, robustness and last technology.

You want a reliable and solid AAD? I hope I can give you with my small experience some constructive consultings but you should go for the Vigil! The Vigil has all this. Check there website they mention almost exactly where you now ask for: reliability, robustness and last technology!

You skydive at Spa? Spa is official Vigil Dropzone Center with good prices for them.

That Vigil on Flandres fired on the ground only so nothing wrong their.

Thank you
:)

Seems to me if these two manufacturers would put as much effort into fixing the problems of their products as they do flinging shit at each other we would have three really nice AAD's on the market.
How about it gentlemen, fix your fucking problems and act like mature adults!!!

WHICH 2 manufacturers? So far, the Vigil has had some misfires (plus whatever you call firing on the ground/in a pressurised aircraft) and the Cypres (1+2) has had plenty of misfires. Production units Argus misfires: 0.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

Why? A test-jumper is a test-jumper, wheter or not it's family. It's perfectly fine to let a test-jumper experiment for you as long as he's not family?

Argus openly advertises with the fact, allmost the complete staff and family are jumpers and activily involved in the development program.

Since this is an experimental jump, done by in house test-jumpers, this shouldn't be on the forum. And they way it is titled and announced, it looks like nothing more then black-mouthing, probably with personal or commercial interest.
The trouble with skydiving; If you stink at it and continue to jump, you'll die. If you're good at it and continue to jump, you'll see a lot of friends die...