aloneinthesky

The gear i have been offered, questions about trades

Hi, ive been offered gear by a person i met at my local gym, he was wearing a go fast t-shirt so it sparked the conversation, anyways its an old javelin with a pd reserve and a stiletto 150. he is asking 2500 for everything and i first want to know if you believe thats a good deal, i went to his home to try it on and it fits fine. a stiletto is not a good canopy for my skill level, so i'll be looking to sell it and get something more docile. i was curious what kind of deals people believe i will be able to work out? do you think i should ask for a canopy + extra money (like an icarus safire2) or would it be straight up?

i also found out that this guy was on a bunch of world teams, like china and i think belgium or something... his name is peter carides and i actually know his son from high school which is a trip cause who would have thought i have more in common with his dad.. anyways

good deal? bad deal? any help is much appreciated

Info needed.

DOM of Harness
DOM of Reserve
DOM of Main
No of repacks on Reserve
No of uses of Reserve
No of jumps on main
No of jumps on lineset

$2500 sounds a bit steep to me.

Maybe $1000 for harness
Maybe $500 for reserve
Maybe $500 for main

Edit to add - Is this the Peter Carides origionally from Zimbabwe?

t
It's the year of the Pig.

i dont have that info, and i wont for a while but i appreciate it, but he assured me that his guys at elsinore would check it and make sure its legit, i guess im just really asking about the price and ability to trade the stiletto.. its a purple rig and it looks somewhat old, possibly 3+ years? seemed very broken in, thats for sure..

are there cheaper options that are safe, what could you suggest for someone on a budget?

on and it seems like the reserve pin cover doesnt actually tuck into the container, it just stops i think its the same on the main, does that sound like a different versioN?

possibly 3+ years? seemed very broken in, thats for sure..

Generally when gear is owned by a very senior jumper (with the possible exception of competition Canopy Pilots) their gear is in excellent condition. I have a 3 year old Mirage G4, and the only signs of use on it are where the legstraps go through the friction buckles.

Have a look through the classifieds to get an idea of price. I don't know many people who would accept a Stiletto as a trade in. I exchanged mine for 80 pack jobs.

t
It's the year of the Pig.

I have noticed some of the best deals are from people getting out of the sport. Look and you will find some. It is hard for me since I am 6' 220 lbs. If you are smaller or average size, I think that it is really easy to find stuff that fits and will work for you.
don't try your bullshit with me!!!

H

good deal? bad deal? any help is much appreciated

A 150 of any sort is too small as a first canopy for all but the tiniest people (like girls under 120 pounds) and even then a lot of them do better spending some time under a 170 because a lot of the control sensitivity comes from the canopy dimensions (chord, line length) and not the wing loading.

Other people have commented on the Stiletto and pricing.

ya i hear the stilletto is not a good canopy, it apparently is worth no money and has the highest malfunction rate.. i obviously wont be flying that

as far as the size, im almost to 150, (169) and would like to get something that has room for d-size.

money is my biggest issue.

i need an angel, i need something reliable but cheap

having such trouble adapting into a money-run world. i come from no money and im not worth money to employers. i feel i skydive because i have nothing left. that will soon to include money..