bshl

Pointless photo of the year

If your first reaction is to make fun of something you don’t understand and have the whole herd stand in line and laugh along that is ignorance.

Many are very happy to be stuck on stupid all there life.
I guess that’s their choice.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

If your first reaction is to make fun of something you don’t understand and have the whole herd stand in line and laugh along that is ignorance.

Many are very happy to be stuck on stupid all there life.
I guess that’s their choice.

This is one of the few times I am with you on this Darius. There is nothing funny about the picture. It's a picture that that these 5 women are going to enjoy amongst themselves when they reminise about the time it was taken. I dont get the humor
7 ounce wonders, music and dogs that are not into beer

I am going to take that as a yes.........

The point of the joke was why take a picture of people in front of a historic building or scenery when you cant tell who they are? If you understood American culture you know what is was like to have been subject to countless hours of looking at peoples families in front of the hoover dam or Mt. Rushmore while on family vacations. "hey look at Bob and I by the worlds largest rubber band ball".... Whats the point if you dont know who each person is. (if there is a way to tell them apart maybe you can enlighten me Im very open to learning)

Yes people made reamarks about them being muslim but I dont think that was what the joke was about and I think your main problem is that they were muslim and you thought the joke was about them. Maybe you would have been happier if it was a bunch of rednecks in full KKK costumes standing in front of the Liberty bell. I dont think it would matter if you didnt get the joke itself then it wouldnt really matter who was in the picture would it?

Anyways this is how I saw the joke I didnt even care that they were muslim.

........ and were are off to s.c..... :D
Beauty is only skin deep, but ugly goes clean to the bone!

I like to start my day off with a little Ray of Soulshine™!!

I can see how darius is offended, since it would seem as if some are laughing at the cultural garb of particular religous sect that is getting a lot of bad press of late. I get equally upset when people mock the attire of traditional nuns, calling them things like "penguin pussy" and whatnot (gotta admit that's at least a LITTLE funny!).

still, I have to confess that I laughed when I saw the photoshopped-in Pontiff back there! :D

let's just all hug and sing kum-bye-ya, shall we? :)

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

hey, at least it wasn't a picture of Mohammad.

:o:o

People need to lighten up a bit. I didn't think
"well theres a bunch of muslims"

I thought "how the hell do you know who that is?"

the idea of taking a picture when you can't see your face is the funny part.
My photos

My Videos

The point is it is funny to you because there aren’t what you view as normal.

All I know is there is a lot of jokes being made about Muslims, and their culture. The people who are telling these jokes are mostly ones who don’t have a clue about what there making fun off.

As I said before just because something is not what you are used too it doesn’t make it funny.

I am all for jokes and I tend to make a few my self. This is just a celebration of ignorance maybe I have lost my since of humor today.

Either way I do agree with you that this is not SC so I am done.

hey, at least it wasn't a picture of Mohammad.

:o:o

People need to lighten up a bit. I didn't think
"well theres a bunch of muslims"

I thought "how the hell do you know who that is?"

the idea of taking a picture when you can't see your face is the funny part.

i found that funny too... "oh look at Jenny (I don't know any female muslim names, sorry) didn't she look stunning that day?"

"you oaf, that was Lucy!"

"no it wasn't, it was Gretchen!"

"you're all wrong, it was ME! Don't you know your mother when you see her??? "

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

"The point is it is funny to you because there aren’t what you view as normal. "

My point was I see it as funny because of the reasons I said above, not because they are muslim.... My point to you is you cant see it as funny because there are muslims in the picture, which in itself is pretty sad. Muslims or rednecks the humor is the same I am open enough to see it and laugh at it maybe someday you will be too.:)
Beauty is only skin deep, but ugly goes clean to the bone!

I like to start my day off with a little Ray of Soulshine™!!

Believe it or not Mohammed I can understand he is a historical figure even if you are not a Muslim.

But just some random family who is taking a picture??????

FYI I am not offended dude, I just see it as a lack of understanding, and wish more people would learn about a culture that is mentioned daily instead of making fun of it.

It is also not just this one thread, it is the current climate. Every where I look people are making fun of things that they don’t understand. The target is usually Muslims.

I am way to mellow to get angry I rarely do, but I can understand why some Muslims do.

Peace

The point is it is funny to you because there aren’t what you view as normal.

Who said they weren't normal?

All I know is there is a lot of jokes being made about Muslims, and their culture. The people who are telling these jokes are mostly ones who don’t have a clue about what there making fun off.

Hey - now they said "Death to the Pope" so they better be happy we are just laughing at them!

Ever made a religious joke?

Did you hear about the new Jewish tires?
They can stop on a dime and pick it up too.

Judy
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

I think you may just be making too much of this.

its a funny pic and I can understand what you are saying.

but here's the thing.
every so often you have to turn the news channel off and go see how the real world is. the news is nothing but lies and heresy.
Sure, the war on terror can be mistaken for the war on muslims if you are ignorant (as many are) but I know better.

but to some extent its the EXTREMEs of ANY lunatic fringe that will get the bad attention.

all other things aside I think this is a funny pic. and you don't. I am ok with that. my humor is differnet than yours ad I am ok with that too.
quite often I see your posts and laugh with you but in this instance I will laugh alone.

I hope you can understand that it's not out of ignorance.

If someone photoshopped bombs and boxcutters on them I would Be right along with you.
there is alot of ignorance out there and the face they blame is the face of a Muslim.

but this is a regular photo of a situation that strikes me funny. the OP said there was SOME PS in the picture so I odnt know the extent of it but yes, I do not see mulsims taking pictures in full dress. It seemed as out of place to me.
My photos

My Videos