jumper03

:(

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." - Theodor Geisel.

The best you can do for a companion animal is to give them the best life you can. And the best death you can.

Raging against death is like raging against the rising and setting of the sun.

I honor my passed friends by thinking of the 99% of the time that was good. Not the 1/2 of one percent that was difficult. I'd guess they'd wanna be missed, but wouldn't want me to be miserable. I'd think they'd want me to think of them and smile.

Enough time has passed so that now, that's exactly what I do.

I make annual charitable contributions to local animal welfare organizations in their names too.

There's a dropzone.com user - WFFC - who posted the best essay on having a companion animal. A web link is located here.

"“Godspeed, good friend,” we say, until our journey comes full circle and our paths cross again."

Jumper 03: You don't know me, so for what its worth:
A while ago I remember seeing a picture of a guy and his dog here on dz.com and it struck me as the happiest dog I've ever seen. Happy in a peaceful, safe and loved kind of way if you know what I mean.
I've been looking for that picture ever since to show other people how content and safe a dog can feel, but still havent found it.

Until today. The picture is the second one in your post- the one with you and the dog. Truly the most satisfied dog I've ever seen and I've had a few...

I'm sorry for your loss but think of how happy you apparently made her

Im sorry for your loss, I know what your going through just try to think of the good times you had together. You can also light a candle here it helped me a little

http://www.in-memory-of-pets.com
```````````````````````````````````
" Cant keep a good woman down "
Angels have wings, but devils can fly !

I *hate* having to post this...but I hope it helps. I'm sorry for your loss...

A DOG'S PRAYER
By Beth Norman Harris

Treat me kindly, my beloved master, for no heart in all the world is more grateful for kindness than the loving heart of me.

Do not break my spirit with a stick, for though I should lick your hand between the blows, your patience and understanding will more quickly teach me the things you would have me do.

Speak to me often, for your voice is the world’s sweetest music, as you must know by the fierce wagging of my tail when your footsteps falls upon my waiting ear.

When it is cold and wet, please take me inside, for I am now a domesticated animal, no longer used to bitter elements. And I ask no greater glory than the privilege of sitting at your feet beside the hearth. Though had you no home, I would rather follow you through ice and snow than rest upon the softest pillow in the warmest home in all the land, for you are my god and I am your devoted worshiper.

Keep my pan filled with fresh water, for although I should not reproach you were it dry, I cannot tell you when I suffer thirst. Feed me clean food, that I may stay well, to romp and play and do your bidding, to walk by your side, and stand ready, willing and able to protect you with my life should your life be in danger.

And, beloved master, should the great Master see fit to deprive me of my health or sight, do not turn me away from you. Rather hold me gently in your arms as skilled hands grant me the merciful boon of eternal rest - and I will leave you knowing with the last breath I drew, my fate was ever safest in your hands.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I don't know you but I know the pain you feel right now, how painful it is to loose someone so loyal that has so much unconditional love. Be thankful you had that!!!! cherish that and remember forever!!!!
sending you a ((((((BIG HUG)))))))
HANG IN THERE!!!
If God wanted man to stay on the ground.
He would of put roots on them instead of feet.
loving life
GO-N-UP

I am sad to hear about your loss. I just got home from a 24 hr shift and my girlfriend has placed our girls in day care today and they are not home to meet me.. After reading about your loss I wish they where home so I could go hug them.
Joe
www.greenboxphotography.com