RkyMtnHigh

Uhaul/Penske

Well chicks are usually pretty bad at this stuff:o....but you look like a hot chick so you will be awesome!!;)
Use your mirrors, they are nice and big and signal a bit earlier than normal if possible. Always remember that you will probably be bigger than the other vehicles so if in doubt ...push them around a bit and they will yeild to you! ;)
Quinny:ph34r:

I've never driven a UHaul:D...Is it scarey?:o

Yep. But only wondering when it'll break down on you. It usually happens only when you are the the absolute furthest point possible from any services or civilization.

For example, the I-70 between Green River, Utah and Salina, Utah is tops on my list of "U-Haul will break down here." I had that happen. Fortunately, all that snow kept the temperature from getting too cold that night...:S

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Well chicks are usually pretty bad at this stuff:o....but you look like a hot chick so you will be awesome!!;)
Use your mirrors, they are nice and big and signal a bit earlier than normal if possible. Always remember that you will probably be bigger than the other vehicles so if in doubt ...push them around a bit and they will yeild to you! ;)
Quinny:ph34r:

So you're saying it'll be like bumper cars or bowling?:D

Always remember that you will probably be bigger than the other vehicles so if in doubt ...push them around a bit and they will yeild to you!

Oh, yes. The extra insurance is fairly cheap. Get it. All they offer. You will then learn that there is little difference between your U-Haul and an unarmed tank. Your U-Haul will be a high-speed vehicle (governors can be managed), a fast cornering vehicle, an off-road vehicle, and even a road warrior freeway demolition derby vehicle. It'll get you anywhere you want to go - it might not get you back, but with all that insurance, no problem.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Just dont get yourself anywhere that you have to back up. And just dont forget that the car is there:P

Yep ... don't forget about the car! Put a BIG STICKY NOTE on your dash! Just in case!

And remember that you need to turn WIDER than normal! You don't want to take out the gas pump with your car!

It's not that hard. You'll get the hang of it.

And if all else fails, pull over, lift the hood, put on your "Daisy Dukes" and help will be along shortly! ;)

Good luck with the move! Where ya heading??

'Shell
'Shell

I just drove from Salt Lake to NY with a truck and 18ft trailer.
It took four days and if I can do it then so can you!!B|
Just use your mirrors, shoulder check, take your time, dont turn too sharply and the most important thing is to sing really loud with the radio or cd!!B|It keeps you smiling and relaxed!
Just have fun on your move and dont worry about the rest it will come!:)Quinny

I agree with the earlier posts that UHAUL will rent a piece of crap to you that will break down at the worst possible moment. Penske has much better equipment...way worth the extra cost if you are going cross country.

Definatly get the insurance...it's cheap and can save you a ton of money if you get into a "situation"

Driving the truck isnt too difficult. I used to train college freshman to drive busses and I saw all kinds of drivers pick it rigut up. Remember to take the turns wide and be aware of where your rear tires are going at all times. Keep in mind that on a longer vehicle your rear tires will not follow the track of you front tires when you are driving around curves. Also be very alert when driving as to where other vehicles are...the blind spots on a larger vehicle can be much bigger then you are used to.

If you are towing a car, avoid getting into a situation where you have to back up at all costs. If you have never backed a trailer, it will be very difficult. That said, you will probably find yourself in a "must back up" situation at some point. You will find that backing to the left (driver's side) is much easier then to the right because you can see where the trailer is going. To back the trailer, I always taught people to place your hand on the bottom of the steering wheel and move it the direction you want the trailer to go...go slowly and be very careful not to overdo it...trailers jackknife very quickly on longer vehicles. Do several pull-ups if you have to in order to get things straight.

I've never driven a UHaul:D...Is it scarey?:o

Very! Last time we used them and had to take the vehicle back, the manager told us "they don't call it adventures in moving for nothing"... that was the last time we used uhaul.

~ Lisa
~ Do you Rigminder?

just be sure to try the crab legs at Spondivit's....best around!
:)We're gonna miss you down here Katee!
[:/]
grats!B|

That's why I came to Zhills this weekend for the hugs and all...don't make me cry...I'll be back for visits...it's not a far drive to come back for wingsuit and CRW events...and the holidays.B|

Thanks so much. I had probs with UHaul when I moved from Colorado. We broke down in Amarillo TX and the local UHaul store was closed on Sundays...so it cost us an extra day on the road and a hotel expense that was unplanned and when we turned the truck in and explained what happened, their customer service sucked since they didn't offer any concession whatsoever. In fact, they showed the fine print on the envelope which waived my rights if their vehicle broke down or caused delays on arrival time or lost wages. Wow! That must happen often to have that in their contract.:S

First, don't use U-Haul. In a survey by one of the investigative news shows, U-Haul was the worst. The first problem is that they make no effort to actually have a truck on the day you "reserve" it. Their reservations are meaningless.

Remember the Seinfled scene at the airport car rental desk?
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.