bbarnhouse

Holly Kish Memorial Website

The following is an email I received from Holly's family. It is posted here with permission.
Let's celebrate the love that was Holly by contributing.:)

Friends,
My father and I have set up a memorial site for my late sister Holly at
www.hollykish.com as a "gift" to Holly for what would have been her 30th
birthday this Saturday, September 30th. There isn't much there yet, so we are hoping that you all would be able to supply additional stories, pictures, videos, etc. for the site. Anything you can provide would be
appreciated!

Feel free to submit anything you'd like to this email address
[email protected] If you know of anybody else who would be interested,
please forward this email to them.

We look forward to your replies and your submissions!

Sincerely,
~Steven Kish
(both of them)
PS. We haven't finished editing the "Memorials and Condolences" page from the Dropzone.Com site yet, and it is still difficult to read in places.
All
in good time...

I still remember how excited she was about getting her custom long board she was gonna come out to Socal :(:(:(:(:(:( I remember her driving myself and wingnut to the gas truck stop trying to find stuff to clean up puke when a certain dz.commer had a very bad night.

I still remember plopping down in a friends driveway and crying my eyes red when Steve called and told me it was her.

I still remember she was one of the few people that could beat me in a hugging contest!:D:$
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

Today would have been Holly's 30th Birthday. Here's to you little girl!:)
Every day there is a reminder of Holly. In the freefly corner a picture...of Hol dressed up as an Angel and I think that depicts her the best. Holly's photo memorial is still hanging over by manifest. I have thought to move the photo from its current location to make way for a sign...but never do.
There are people here who still wear a ribbon of purple and green pinned to a mud flap on their rig.

There are still times when the thought of that day brings a tear to my eyes, but more often than not her memory brings a smile. I know that she would want us all to be joyful. To be spontaneous and to love without reserve. That is her legacy.

It is said that as long as we remember people are never forgotten...Holly certainly isn't.

Today on her birthday, hug someone in earnest. She would have liked that.:)

I'm not a skydiver, I just found this thread and had to post something, hope that's okay.

I was friends with Holly in Phoenix. I wrote up a "best of phoenix" for the New Times about her massage therapy business. I moved from Arizona in 2001. We occasionally exchanged emails after I left but ... ... like the way these things happen, I guess we just lost touch...

Point is, until I just happened look up her name in Google today, wondering what she was up to, I did not know she died.

Now ... I'm just ... torn up. Reading the old posts remind me of her glowing personality. She taught me the prefix "hela," she explained why bartenders were always amused that my birthday was April 20, and I can't believe she's gone.

I remember her driving myself and wingnut to the gas truck stop trying to find stuff to clean up puke when a certain dz.commer had a very bad night.

Only a true friend would've helped in that situation. Ya'll were wonderful.

Wingi is the one that called to give me the news of her passing. I cried so much. I still miss my Holly girl. She was like no one else in this world.

Holly ~ See ya when i'm called home sweetie pie. Until then keep showing those angles how to pary like rockstars.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

CanuckinUSA (Steve) has a really sweet story/memory of Holly on a flight to Eloy that I remember he shared when I was really new to skydiving. I hope he logs in and shares it once again:)

Holly Hish was a special young woman who was lost to us much too soon. I didn't know her like a close friend (I wish I had) but she still made it a point to make me feel like a friend to her when I did see her in person, exchange emails with her or talk with her on the phone. The very first time we met, we were both on an airplane at Skydive Arizona (Eloy) getting ready to jump. I told her and her friends that I was about to do a milestone jump and without even questioning herself there was Holly giving yours truly a big phat friendly kiss that only a girl of her true good nature to strangers could give. You are still missed Holly ("Party like a Rock Star"), but I am glad to have at the very least, the opportunity to meet you and call you a friend. BSBD ...

Steve Armstrong

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over