BlindBrick

Is it wrong to give forgiveness to those who kill your children?

I agree with what everyone has said. The compassion you are showing is tremendous. It takes a strong heart. Like others have said I wish I new words to help heal but there are none. I am so sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my prayers.

I cannot begin to imagine your pain. My son is two and a half you've made me really rethink some things. My sister died of a brain tumor when were very young. My father states to this day that it was his fault because he couldn't afford better medical care. I beleive that he has never been at fault and that he has never forgiven himself or allowed himself to be realeased from his pain. He is a very unhappy and pessamistic person who looks at the world through very negative eyes even after 30 years. He has poisoned the world around him with it. I think the most honorable and positive thing you can do for your son's memory is to forgive if it's what you feel is right.

Saturday night, my 2 and a half year old son was killed in an auto crash. There's no idinidcation that the driver who struck the carhe was riding in was drunk or acting in a grossly negligent way. It simply appears to be a horrible accident.

I am so very, very sorry your child was killed. I can't imagine your grief, and I can't begin to touch your pain. You will be in my prayers for a very long time; and I'll be praying to have peace come to you somehow, somewhere, and to know that your baby is playing in eternal sunshine and giggling the sweet joy of a child forever.

My family is looking at me like I'm crazy because I've told them that if the DA presses charges, I'd ask the judge to be as lenient as possible so as not to destroy another family.

Sending this woman to jail will not raise my son from the dead, it will only generate more grief. But I seem to be the only that sees that. Am I wrong to feel that way?

Your family is grieving terribly, too, and during grief, people will express some very unthoughtful things. In this situation, with everyone's emotions raw and festering, you still get to make the decisions about your life and how you live it, not them. They can feel however they feel; you can feel however you feel.

To be able to contemplate forgiveness on this scale shows me your compassion, and your strength. It shows me your intelligence, and your willingness to have your baby's life teach you something in the most dire circumstances...and it shows me the depth and breadth of your heart. None of that need change. And in fact, all of that sets an example to me to work harder at forgiveness and empathy.

Your compassion, empathy, integrity, nobility and genuine peacefulness shows through; at the most terrible times, it is our native character which shines through, and yours is shining brightly.

Allow those who have been affected to have their own grief and loss; but also, hold fast to your ability to see things differently, and behave differently, and stand true to your values. You are not wrong in how you feel.

Let me know if there's anything I can do; I can listen really well, and I can send good virtual hugs, too. Know you will be in my prayers, as stated, for a long while.

Blessed be.

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

Jack,

Being a father myself I cannot imagine what you and your family are going through. You and yours are in our thoughts and prayers.
I don't know you but by your post I can say that you have my upmost respect. If, God forbid, such a loss ever happens to me, I will remember your words and pray that I have just a little bit or your wisdom.

Respectfully,

JM

Hispas Brothers President
HISPA #2,