oozzee

read any good books lately..

does anyone know of a good read,,,
nearly every fiction book i read is lame....
I read plenty of non-fiction, but enjoy a good interesting story..

I am currently reading my 3rd Dean Koontz, I recently read Intensity & Velocity. Intensity was the better of the 2 IMO
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

what kind of books do you like? I read a lot, but it really depends on what you like in order for me to suggest something :)

CReW Skies,
bubbles
"Women fake orgasms - men fake whole relationships" – Sharon Stone
"The world is my dropzone" (wise crewdog quote)
"The light dims, until full darkness pierces into the world."-KDM

I just finished "Skinny Dip" by Carl Hiaasen - fun reads in every book of his so far...but they are very Florida minded.
In fact I have a W.E.B Griffin WWII book for my next one...I'm slow starting it because it is soooo serious in comparison. I think I would prefer another Carl Hiaasen right now!B|

I recommended this book to a friend about 4 months ago... its pretty good and is nonfiction its called...

Life is So Good by George Dawson & Richard Glaubman its about a black manual laborer who learned to read at age 98, has written a memoir that stands apart from other end-of-the-century texts and from the history generally recorded in textbooks--but is essential to an accurate understanding of this century.

I found it at a used bookstore and really enjoyed it...
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

If you're looking for something a little off the wall but not too particularly brain intensive,
try A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole, Choke by Chuck Palahniuk (the guy who wrote Fight Club, also good), or pretty much anything Kurt Vonnegut or Irvine Welsh.

Byzantium by Stephen R. Lawhead

"The narrative has the excitement of a good fantasy novel, a vivid historical setting and a lengthy, credible and satisfying plot - just the elements, in fact, that have made Lawhead a commercial success time and again." Publishers Weekly

"Engrossing with plenty of plot twists... Worthwhile for Lawhead regulars and historical-fantasy fans alike." Kirkus Reviews
What do you call a beautiful, sunny day that comes after two cloudy, rainy
ones? -- Monday.

I love Dean Koontz. I am axiously awaiting his 3rd installment of Frankenstein. It is due out sometime this year. Have not seen it yet.

Also reading John Sanford "Certain Prey" Already read the one after this one....going back to get history...Gotta Love Lucas Davenport! He is one sexy detective!;)
Let's have fun! :)

I love classics! Austen, Bronte (both), Dickens, Tolstoy... Also love Latin American novels by Gabriel Garcia Marquez and Isabel Allende. so I recommend anything by any of those authors.

Books I recommend off the top of my head:
Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance - Robert M. Pirsig
Ishmael - Daniel Quinn
Blink - Malcolm Gladwell
Life of Pi - Yann Martel
The Kite Runner - Khaled Hosseini