billstap

to buy or not to buy

ummm, take it for a test spin, or get a demo from the manufacturer.

just cause someone else loves a canopy doesnt mean you wont hate it....

buying without testing could end up with you owning something you dont like...

Roy
They say I suffer from insanity.... But I actually enjoy it.

I've had quite good luck with them. I have a Pilot 150 I use for bigways and I like it a lot. Soft openings, always on-heading, consistently within 300-500 feet.

It is funny how much variety there is between different pilots. My opening on my pilot 170 are closer to the range of 600-800 feet, with the longer snivels more common. :S:ph34r: My openings are soft like yours, but my friends with smaller sizes (experinced jumpers and packers) get slammed by their pilot. Go figure.

Overall I am very happy with my pilot. I really like the glide I can get out of it. The opening may be long but they are predictable, almost every one of the 130 opening on my pilot have been practically identical to each other. It flat turns real nice, but is still fun when you give the toggles more input.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

Ditto, I get REALLY long snivels on my Pilot 188 - 800-1000 ft probably. I've also not had an on-heading opening yet either and they've all (7) been fairly unpredictable. I've recently taken to not stuffing the nose, just letting it hang as well as minimal rolls of the tail. My body position through out deployment is also good - I've been videod a couple of times. We'll see how things go...
Skydiving is more than a sport and more than a job: skydiving is pure passion and desire which will fill a lifetime.

>but my friends with smaller sizes (experinced jumpers and packers)
>get slammed by their pilot.

I have a Pilot 117, and while it's never slammed me in the way the old Sabres did, it definitely opens faster than my Pilot 150 (and a bit faster than my Nitro 108.)

talkin to a guy about buying his pilot 210 of him, have never flown one but was just wondering what the consensus is
blue skies!!!
billy:)

ps---- figure everything on the canopy is cosidered in good working order after a rigger inspection

My last main was a Pilot 210 before I downsized to a Pilot 188

Pilots are sweet. You will like it. :)
__

My mighty steed