warpedskydiver

Foods I never want to eat again

what the fuck is kimchee

Most people think it's pickled cabbage because that is the most popular form. However, "Kimchee" refers to the "pickling" mix they use. I think it's vinegar, ground hot red peppers, and only Lord knows what else. There are many differen't kinds. The only kind I could eat is the kind that is made from fresh leaves. It's a bit like a spicy oil and vinegar salad.

what the fuck is kimchee

Most people think it's pickled cabbage because that is the most popular form. However, "Kimchee" refers to the "pickling" mix they use. I think it's vinegar, ground hot red peppers, and only Lord knows what else. There are many differen't kinds. The only kind I could eat is the kind that is made from fresh leaves. It's a bit like a spicy oil and vinegar salad.

Good Kimchee = Very tasty

Bad Kimchee = where's my fucking pistol?

I hanging out at a bar in Son Tay. (Ville outside Osan AB) Drunk as you can get without actually dieing. :D This chick sitting next to me is feeding me some tasty Korean food. I had a little Yaki (Americans know that as "Pot Stickers) and then I wasn't paying attention when she fed me Kimchee. After getting my composure back, managed to BARELY NOT puke out the second floor window, I ran to the bathroom to spit it out! The korean girl was laughing her ass off at me. :D

Andrea, I think it's important that you know that we are 100% incompatible.

Ok, so we'll order different things when we go out. I still think you're cool! B|
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

oysters
avacado
asparagus
okra

and in the drink category, tequila!

Andrea, I think it's important that you know that we are 100% incompatible. :(

I could actually eat a meal of those items and be blissfully satisfied!

Obviously she hasnt had my asparagus! :ph34r:

or my Guacamole.

I'll side w/ her onthe oysters though... and okra 99% of the time too.
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

Potted meat

There are two guys on my team from Guam. I laughed my ass off the other night when they made "Spam Sushi." California rolls with vegetables, rice, and fried Spam. :D:D

Ah... the memories of Guam B|

OK, I have one... Baloot (sp). For those that don't know, it's a fertilized and fermented egg. Filipino special ;) I sure do miss the P.I. but they can have the Baloot... :P
"Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" ~Samuel Clemens

MB#4300
Dudeist Skydiver #68

Ah... the memories of Guam B|

OK, I have one... Baloot (sp). For those that don't know, it's a fertilized and fermented egg. Filipino special ;) I sure do miss the P.I. but they can have the Baloot... :P

EAT THE BEAK!!!!

:D:D:D:D:D
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Completely agreed! I'm Korean and there's definitely a huge variance on how even the standard basic kimchee is made. I could never eat it store bought, from certain restaurants and certain households... nasty! Otherwise, it can be very good and is a staple Korean side dish.

Now for foods I'd never want to eat again:
Guinea pig!!! Tried that in Peru when the guide served it to us because I was there around Easter time...

Pictures:
http://static.flickr.com/52/110414727_05c5f88cd6.jpg?v=0
http://static.flickr.com/53/110401789_43392b7cdc.jpg?v=0

Completely agreed! I'm Korean and there's definitely a huge variance on how even the standard basic kimchee is made. I could never eat it store bought, from certain restaurants and certain households... nasty! Otherwise, it can be very good and is a staple Korean side dish.

Now for foods I'd never want to eat again:
Guinea pig!!! Tried that in Peru when the guide served it to us because I was there around Easter time...

Pictures:
http://static.flickr.com/52/110414727_05c5f88cd6.jpg?v=0
http://static.flickr.com/53/110401789_43392b7cdc.jpg?v=0

My Grandparents on my Dad's side raised and ate guinea pigs during the depression.

They had goats for milk, and cheese, doves and pigeons caught while sleeping, ducks and chickens for poultry and eggs a huge garden and were quite well off for the times.

There are lots of foods I don't like, especially those that have distinctly bitter tastes. (It's why I don't like black coffee - must be sweetened. But I DO like bitter ales, which is admittedly odd).

Tops for me is seaweed. I can handle sushi with soy wrappers, but not seaweed. Other things that are just too bitter for me are grapefruit juice, bell peppers, olives (but I love capers:o), cooked spinach, etc.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Guinea pig actually didn't taste that bad, but I think taking us to a guinea pig farm before dinner was a bit much. It was really greasy and almost slimy, but tasted a lot like rotisserie chicken thigh or wing meat. Just knowing that I was eating a guinea pig grossed me out more than the actual taste.