ikebonamin

Wolmari pack

Flaked and set on the floor like a pro... ears folded like a psycho pack?

The whole reason I didn't like psycho packing was difficulty folding the corners of the packjob, it was always easier when I tucked everything under while pro packing. :S

Is propacking really a problem in causing line overs? I haven't seen that at my dz, and we all propack.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

It is only a problem if you aggressively pull - center cell tail - fabric towards the edges.
Then it is possible to drag steering lines around the front of the canopy, creating a line-over.

Fortunately there are several methods for holding steering lines center rear. The British Army Parachute Association likes to catch a bight of steering lines in a skinny rubber band attached to the slider. I doubt if the rubber band does much more than force packers to focus on steering line position.
Similarly, PD recommends using a knee, while wrapping the tail around.
Or you could do like I do and pinch the steering lines through the tail fabric.
In conclusion, it does not really matter which method you use as long as your steering lines stay center rear.

In all honesty Rob, I don't really know what I do, but it has been working so far (but with a low number of pack jobs I may have just been getting lucky). I do kneel on the tail after first setting it down, but I do that to keep the slider in place. Lay down on it and tuck tuck tuck!!! :o
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

IMHO It's no way Pro+Psycho
It's Pro+Wolmari:)

As PsychoPack actually is Psycho mod of ProPack with alteration of bagging (rolling the cocoon).
WolmariPack actually is Wolmari mod of ProPack with one alteration - in way to make a cocoon...

Instead of other Mods of ProPack and classic Propack, sides of "triangle" turns on the back of triangled stuff (i.e. out from the nose) not under front of it (on the nose) which should (per author's idea) eliminate the possibility to bring the brake or D line over nose and create lineover mal...

In short: all what wolmari is - shown on the attached picture

P/S Started to Wolmaripack ~100 jumps ago
Work just fineB|
Main reason was not fear of lineover but this mod give more neat packjob and for me it's faster and more convenient to do the "cocoon"

Thanks Wolmari;)
Why drink and drive, if you can smoke and fly?

this is what I posted last week. What do you think about Wolmari folding and then rolling it up? Like psycho packing but with no need to turn the canopy over/put a line twist in it...
"In one way or the other, I'm a bad brother. Word to the motherf**ker." Eazy-E

yes I know..., but this way the canopy is never twisted throughout the packjob.

Twisted or not what does it matter?

When I had a new canopy I was told not to psycho pack by my mentors. I have tried anyway. Rolling was as hard as folding the slippery material. Wolmari pack was good to go. Combining that with reverse-S fold made my life easier. I have thought that I can pack before, now I know that I can pack anything and everything.

Any chance of seeing a picture of this rubber-band on-slider set-up. And does it reduce their rate of lineovers?

How many line-overs have you got? How many line overs have you seen? I don;t say that is not a problem. Is that a common problem? Why do you want to fix some is not really broken?

I haven't had any(yet), but the only cutaway malfunctions I've seen (6 or so) are line overs and fast spinners with line twists. I didnt say pro packing was broken, its how I pack. Just wondering what they do and if it yeilds positive results...
"In one way or the other, I'm a bad brother. Word to the motherf**ker." Eazy-E

Thank you all for the input! So, if I got it right, I can Wolmari pack a ZP canopy without any concerns, correct?

Sure! It can be even better than pro-pack, because you don't have tail in front of the nose. Deployment is a chaos anyway. Go and ask any local riggers about that.

Sorry, but I do not have a camera handy.

The BAPA modification is very simple. Just sew a piece of tape 4.5 inches long by 1/2 inch wide to the top, center, trailing edge of the slider. Fold the tape in half and sew it on with a zig-zag stitch, leaving a 1/2 loop towards the trailing edge. Install a light rubber band. (i.e. a standard, MIL-SPEC rubber band cut in half lengthwise.)

As for its affect on line-overs??? When we bought Beiseker, the DZ came with 50-ish student canopies (Skymaster 290, Manta 290 and a bunch of Canadian-made copies.) less than one percent of them had burns across the tail like you would expect from line-overs.
This strap works by forcing junior packers to focus on steering line location just before they wrap the tail around the canopy.
Considering the IQ of some of our (British Army) students, I am convinced that this strap helps reduce line-over type malfunctions to near zero.
Yes, the strap looks weird, but it works!

Trust me, I have patched hundreds of canopies - from other DZs - that suffered line-overs.

Who is Wolmari and when did this sort of packing get a name? From what I can see so far is that it is a pro pack. Basically once the canopy is flaked, tail wrapped ,lines have tension, and it's lying on the floor in a V- shape the 'Wolmari' is similar to if not the same as re-stacking the back end of the canopy (D's and steering)where you first intended to while flaking the canopy. Been packing like that for many years. Like most people who pack I still use the center cell to contain and shape the packjob prior to doing S-folds while still keeping the 'Wolmari folds?' in place. To me, it reduces chances of a line over compared to pushing that same fold toward the front of the canopy. Even won blind folded packing contest using this 'Wolmari fold?' Blind folded Wolmari packing contest anyone?