Michele

mRNA, rRNA, and tRNA

So...a mini bio paper is due tomorrow, and I've been researching it. It's on RNA, and the transcription/translation of it from DNA to protein synthesis. The paper is supposed to be 2 pages long, and we are also supposed to include hand drawn diagrams. I asked if there would be points off because I can't draw, and she told me no. B| I mean, I'm no art major. LOL!

Anyway, I've found some good sites to research with, as well as my book (which is not very clear about this, sadly...), but I'm trying to find some additional sites with basic, easily understood (:S) info on it (think 6th grade), as well as some decent diagrams.

Does anyone of our resident scientists have any sources that they could link over? I'd love the help...I need full points on this to maintain my A, and it's low as it is. So this paper means the difference starting midterm between an A and a B.

And I'm NOT asking you all to do my homework for me, just if anyone has any sites that are good and thorough and have decent diagrams (not 500 nucleotides long, for example), and one which explains the promoter, the stop, and the start sequences so that I can understand it more easily.

Thanks in advance!

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

These are great, you guys. Thanks soooooo much. Now, if only I can get my printer to work properly. LOL!

Someone pm'd me a link, as well, but with the question: "why are you waiting until the last minute?" I thought I'd explain that here so all who are willing to help me understand why I'm only researching today what's due tomorrow.

I have no time.

The assignment was given last Thursday evening in bio class. I am in a classroom about 32 hours a week. I am studying about 35-40 hours a week. I also work. Math takes about 15 of those study hours, and about 10 of those classroom hours. Math is my weakest subject, and consequently I work it hardest. I try to have clean panties, but have found that a run to Macys can sometimes be quicker than running a load of laundry. LOL!

In the last week, I've had 4 exams, and next week I'll have my anatomy lab exam and the week after that I'll have my anatomy lecture exam (with essay). Once those are done with, I will start mid terms in the other classes.

And at the moment, I am (surprisingly) pulling a 4.0. Which is not bad, considering I haven't been in a classroom in 22 years, and am not taking easy subjects (math, bio, anatomy, and poli sci). I expect the GPA to go down a bit after the anatomy exams, but not by much...

So that's why I am only getting to it today...but I am getting to it, and it will be done, and done well (except for the drawing part...I can't draw to save my life). Thus the request for help.

So thank you, kind souls, who understand why I'm asking...and are willing to help. Me appreciates it very, very much. :)
Ciels-
Michele

How detailed do you need to be?
I have some awsome references for Biochem I can scan and send as PDF if you want
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Thanks, Kbordson...I need it all, but your post made it clear you were linking it for the diagram...which is really good.

I really appreciate all the help. The paper is about 1/2 done, and now I need to hustle out to math class...I'll complete it tonight or in the early morning before Anatomy, and then get to work on the Anatomy essay. Sigh.

This school stuff is hard. Thank God I like to write at least...and can type about 95 wpm...

Ciels-
Michele