Jeth

What do ya think of this rig design?

This is a better use of the tie dye IMHO.

Ooo, I like that one! :)
See, thats why I asked. I know what I like, but I have no artistic tendencies whatsoever so I can't design anything.

Thanks. :)

Here's the thinking about tie dye. We have to do it by hand at the factory, so no two lots are exactly the same. However, putting it on the reserve container does a great job of masking any wrinkles from a settled pack job, and having it on the midflaps makes it easy to replace if it gets faded.

I always advise to keep it off surfaces that could wear easily and be hard to replace. Also, a little of it goes a long way. Two of my three Wings have tie dye.

Oh, gee, guess I'm a geek... I kinda like the tye-dye. :P;) But actually, the only reason I put it on there is cuz it's a free option this month.

Ok, its too busy? Geez, and I thought I wasn't using enough colors! ;) So should I get rid of the blue parts? What color is it U think won't age well? Are there objections to the purple/yellow combination? I think white looks nice with purple, but I didn't want to get white cuz it'll get dirty fast.

Thanks, guys! :)
BTW, I'm a girl. ;)

It's your Rig chica if you like it screw everyone else:)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I think it looks like a seasick Strongbad vomiting on himself.

I think you're being easy on him. That might be the ugliest design I've ever seen. And I've seen rigs for resale that have been spray painted to hide what's underneath.

The best advice on a new rig I ever got.... Buy Black. The more black the better. It maintains the resale value.;)
"Buttons aren't toys." - Trillian
Ken

Ok, how about this one? I'm liking it better. Got some black in it, no tie-dye (thinking of resale value on this one), and I like the purple harness.

Comments?
"At 13,000 feet nothing else matters."
PFRX!!!!!
Team Funnel #174, Sunshine kisspass #109
My Jump Site

...if you like it screw everyone else:)

Go post that in a Women Only thread about cute instructors.

That would be inappropriate:P

Jeth, one thing I would say about any colours you chose, be mindful of the parts that you touch regularly, like the riser covers, main pin flap and reserve pin flap. you hands WILL get dirty and regular contact with these parts will lead to them showing dirt and grime, in a short tme:)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Ya, well, thats why I picked purple for most of it, it's a dark color. I'm sure I'll be horrified the first smudge I get on it, but thats the way it goes.

I don't want too much black, I like color. :)
Hey Squeak, did U steal my tattoo design for your avatar? ;)
PFRX!!!!!
My Jump Site

Ya, well, thats why I picked purple for most of it, it's a dark color. I'm sure I'll be horrified the first smudge I get on it, but thats the way it goes.

Umm no I stole it from WB :D:D where is your Tatttoo design, let me look see:)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

he means "more black"
;)

No I dont I have no black at all on my rig, mine is Purple and Yellow Vector3 Micron, but I have some yellow where i should have had a darker colour (e.g. 2ndry Riser covers):S:ph34r::ph34r:
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Umm no I stole it from WB :D:D where is your Tatttoo design, let me look see:)

Here it is. I used that exact clip of Pinky as the model, and a dz.commer drew the rest in for me. ;)
PFRX!!!!!
My Jump Site

Here it is. I used that exact clip of Pinky as the model, and a dz.commer drew the rest in for me. ;)

:D:D:D:D that's cool B| is that on your calf?
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

:D:D:D:D that's cool B| is that on your calf?

Yep. B| It's faded in nicely now, I can't imagine my leg without it. ;)
PFRX!!!!!
My Jump Site

I like that a lot better. If it were mine, I'd make the reserve flap purple too, but that's just me.

Yep, I think we have a winner!! B|
PFRX!!!!!
My Jump Site

I like that a lot better. If it were mine, I'd make the reserve flap purple too, but that's just me.

Go for it if that what you want :)The only thing I would do different on that is I'd have the Wings Logo on the other Mud FLap, purely for asthetics, I think it would look better there
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Perfect. B|B|
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke