piisfish

triple riser issue...

So I did today my first 2 jumps with my brand new triple risers on ym new Wings, jumping my Neos 109.

I already knew that it would be difficult/impossible to pass the grommets around the risers, and therefore getting absolutely no advantage from the risers (and even making things "worse" because the slider couldnt come down and the canopy couldn't spread completely).

Anybody had same issues ?
What actions can be taken to ease the slider to go past the toggles ?
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Had the same problems in the beginning. Your risers are stiff, make them more "flexible".

I realise they are stiff, but the bulk with both rears plus attachment point and toggle is quite big also.

Will flex them by hand when it gets back from my rigger.
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

I went back to a pair of standard mini-risers. It fixed your issue and makes the transition to rears soooo much easier. (for me)

But i spose that really doesnt help you much. Mine got easier after about 25 or so jumps, but it still took a bit of finesse.
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

Are you able to post a picture? I used to jump with triples (a few thousand times) and pulled the slider down.

Is the bottom tab of the toggle close to the guide ring?

The only additional bulk should be the loop and possibly something to cover the loop like a folded square of type 3.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

I have triple risers, they are off a vortex2.

I have never had a problem with getting my slider over the toggles while they are still stowed.

It feels wierd for me to jump a rig with standard rises now, i will probably get triple risers when i get a new set just because that is what i am used to.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

I'll ask the question a different way, if it was a velcro toggle, is there room for the velcro or is that part eliminated? When the tab is turned upward, is it close to the toggle grommet?

If the end of the turned up tab is right near the grommet, move the bottom keeper down and change the toggles out to the "old" design where the tab is farther away.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto