brierebecca

Project Runway

It's my guilty pleasure. I've been hooked since season 1. Anyone watch the show? Who do you think will win?

Personally, I think the top three will be Jeffrey, Michael, and Laura. Michael's my favorite.

:)
Brie
"Ive seen you hump air, hump the floor of the plane, and hump legs. You now have a new nickname: "Black Humper of Death"--yardhippie

I watch it every week and Michael is my favorite too. I'm glad Angela went last week, I was so tired of her rosettes on everything! Kayne's Elvis get-up was a disaster too, I have a feeling that he'll go soon if he keeps that up. Vincent's personality bugs me and I don't like his fashion choices. I like Laura's style, but I'm not too crazy about her. Can you believe she's pregnant with her 6th child though and did you see the reaction that her mother gave her with the news? :ph34r:
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I must admit to watching it too... I think the top 3 will be Jeffrey, Michael and Uli. And Michael is my favorite too, although I must admit there is something about Jeffrey that I like.

I'm with you Skymama... I don't like Laura's personality.

This is the funniest phenomena to me...

Of all the shows, everyone assumes I not only watch but LOVE this show.

Sadly, I do not.[:/] I can NOT get into it. I've tried. I know what it is that bothers me, but I'd rather not say.:P

I will say this; Heidi Klum annoys me. She always has.:S
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

My wife likes to watch it, and I am usually elsewhere. The show is nothing I couldn't get from MArtha Stewart's Apprentice, and I didn't like it, either.

I must admit, however, to cracking up quite often in another room to the voice of the mentor guy. "Carry on." "Make it work." And I think last season it was, "Awndrayy."

Sorry - that dude is a laugh riot...

My wife is hotter than your wife.

I'm hooked on the show too :$
I really like Michael and Jeffrey, not sure which is my favorite though. I was up late watching the Project Runway marathon...yawn...now I'm tired. :S:D. I'm not sure if it was the newest episode but last night i was watching the jet-setter design challenge. I'm glad I wasn't a judge because I couldn't decided if I liked Michael or Jeffrey's design better :)

I'm glad Angela went last week, I was so tired of her rosettes on everything!

Yea, I hated Angela. I thought she was full of crap.

Kayne's Elvis get-up was a disaster too, I have a feeling that he'll go soon if he keeps that up.

I know! The thing is, I actually like Kayne. And I think it would be neat to see him in the final three, just so see the sparkly things he comes up with.

I like Laura's style, but I'm not too crazy about her. Can you believe she's pregnant with her 6th child though and did you see the reaction that her mother gave her with the news?

I know! Six kids! I actually like her. I just think she's one of those slick no-crap business ladies

:)
Brie
"Ive seen you hump air, hump the floor of the plane, and hump legs. You now have a new nickname: "Black Humper of Death"--yardhippie

It's on my Season Pass with Tivo. My daughter and I watch it together. It's the only reality show I watch, and I just find it amazing how they can create outfits from scratch in 1 or 2 days.

I find the process very interesting, although it's nice to fast forward through Heidi Klum. "As you all know, one day you're in...the next day you're out." Heard that one enough times! I love the tag line: "Designers, make it work!" It was hilarious last year when the one guy would imitate him...it was dead on. (My daughter could tell you his name but I'm terrible about it.)

all i have to say is KICK ASS - i just caught the season finale and i am SO freakin PSYCHED :):):) i've been pullin for this one the whole time :) wahooo
"life does throw curveballs sometimes but it doesn't mean we shouldn't still swing for the homerun" ~ me

I will say this; Heidi Klum annoys me. She always has.

Here! Here! I TOTALLY agree!!! And what is up with the shit she wears? :S
Nina

Are we called "DAWGs" because we stick our noses up people's butts? (RIP Buzz)
Yep, you're a postwhore-billyvance

I hurt my leg/knee on Sept. 3. B| Trying to be a good girl and stay off of it as much as possible, I ended up watching more television than I have since I moved into this place. Thus...I found Project Runway Wednesday's, where all they did was play previous editions...leading up to that night's newest one. I got hooked and it's become a Wednesday night routine.

I watched the finale last night and to be honest, NONE of their outfits really did much for me. Come on...how many "everyday" women are going to wear stuff like that? And most of the tops required no bra? Bitch please! :o

I'm surprised at who won, though! [:/]
Nina

It's her voice and attitude. My whole mom's side of the family is German; I love a good German accent. This will sound weird, but it's almost like Heidi is trying to talk with the accent/over-emphasizing instead of it being natural.:S I try not to judge, and not to many people just for no reason rub me the wrong way, but Mrs. Klum does.:S

Anywho, I caught the last fiew episodes on my DVR.B|

I really, really wanted Uli to win. I LOVE Uli. I love all her clothes and would wear them all! She seems to have a great attitude/personality and awesome sense of style/what's fun & also comfortable. I love the 60s kick-back with the modern twists. I love that her designs aren't over-the-top skin-baring and/or slutty (Michael!).

But, I have a feeling Uli will be just fine even though she didn't win.:)
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

Yup, I agree with you. She's just so fake. It's like maybe she really lost her accent and is trying to make up for it because someone wants her to.

Michael made some cool stuff, but there was a bit of ethnicity to some of it. Laura's stuff was gorgeous and elegant, but perhaps a bit stuffy at times. Uli's were pretty and free....but not for me. Jeffries was just too over the top for me.

I think that probably all of them will have a future somewhere, sort of like that "American Inventors" show. Or "American Idol." A lot of people get to follow their dreams after getting publicity on these shows. I'm sure that this show is no different.

I'd love to have that Saturn Sky roadster!!! :)
Nina

i will say that i definitely would never wear any of jeffrey's clothes and i'm not really sure why, but i was just really drawn to his stuff the whole time... i'm not really into fashion but i liked him... seriously can't put my finger on it... maybe cause he was an underdog of sorts and i always find myself drawn to the underdog

i do have to admit though, there were a few pieces from each that i was really impressed with... i was really shocked uli didn't win - however her colors were sooooo weird... she did that gold and silver thing for almost all of it, and then BAM there was color... it didn't flow...

michael's stuff was pretty cool - i actually thought he had quite a few "wearable" pieces... i was impressed...

and laura was laura.. nice stuff - but the same as every other design

i also wanted to throw out there - there was one dress that kayne did that i just loved that he got a lot of crap for... it was the couter (im pretty sure that is not spelled correctly) episode when they were in paris, and the dress had like a copper color and it just flowed beautifully

this was the first time i really ever caught the show - the other seasons never grabbed me - there were better stories - i liked it

congrats jeffrey :) ok that is all
"life does throw curveballs sometimes but it doesn't mean we shouldn't still swing for the homerun" ~ me

I never watched the show until I hurt my leg. Then I got hooked. I don't know if I'll watch another season or not...but it was an interesting break, especially since I sew, craft and do other creative design things.

Each person had a few things that were "eye catching" and even a "down home" girl like me might like to wear them. But most of the clothes were just too much.

I just thought Jeffrey's were too far out there. Maybe it's because of my age. :S
Nina