adrenalinejunki

I forgot how? (Math question)

I forgot how to do fractions multiply and divide. My brother has a test coming up for a job and I know these questions are on the test. Anyone remember how to do them?

To multiply fractions, first multiply the numerators together--that will give the numerator of your answer. Then multiply the denominators to get the denominator of your answer.

To divide, first invert the fraction in the denominator, i.e., inverting a/b gives b/a--just swap the numerator and denominator. Next multiply the fraction in the numerator by the inverted fraction to get your answer.

I hope this helps.

Walt

To add or subtract fraction, they must have common demoninators.

To multiply....just multiply across the top (the numerators) and multiply across the bottome ( the denomiators). Then reduce if you can.

To divide....flip the second fraction....then multiply. It is crucial that you remember to invert the second fraction and the second fraction only.

~Anne

I'm a Doll!!!!

Thank you. I knew it was something like that but could'nt remember for sure. I took the test and passed a few months ago but was geussing. I got hired and now I am trying to get my brother a job there to. It is CSX by the way. I am a locomotive mechanic now. My brother will be an electrician when hired. I asked the manager and he said he would hire him "IF" he passes the test. $21.44 hr plus all the benefits is pretty good. They even furnish all my tools so now I have $20,000+ worth of my own tools at home not being used. I am planning on starting my own truck road service in my off hours. Anyways THANKS!!